We are looking for a Software Engineering person to join the Looney Tunes World of Mayhem team. You will work on the backend technology for the game to support the game's systems. You will be a crucial member of our engineering team and help design, build, and maintain systems necessary to allow thousands of users to play the game concurrently.
- Design, implement, test, and deploy complex systems for the product to handle a high load in a globally distributed cloud environment (AWS).
- Work in collaboration with other programmers and other areas to develop tools and systems to support the product operation.
- Design, implement, test, and deploy solutions targeting high-availability, reliability, and low latency.
- Contribute to developing good practices for developing, maintaining, keeping the security, and the privacy of users' data and systems.
- Document all implementations, and whenever possible, introduce an automated generation of documentation.
- Maintain and fix bugs on the systems you develop, including the production environment.
- Develop methods to test automatically - and load test - the systems you create.
- Automate all steps of the process, including development, documentation, test, and deployment of systems to production.
- Experience doing backend development.
- Experience working with at least one enterprise-level object-oriented programming language, and understanding of one or more dynamic languages.
- Experience solving problems and optimizing the performance of APIs.
- Experience scaling and monitoring systems on the cloud (preferable AWS).
- Experience working with version control (Git)
- Experience automating systems orchestration with Ansible or CloudFormation, or similar technology.
- Familiarity with working on large-scale, high volume applications.
- Outstanding problem-solving capabilities, analytical and critical thinking, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with RESTful frameworks.
- Experience scaling and monitoring systems on AWS
- Experience working with large amounts of data using SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis, DynamoDB) databases
- Strong experience developing data-driven web applications in Java or C#
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and software development principles
- Strong understanding of web-based architecture (web servers, load balancing, caching, databases, replication, etc.)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience developing systems in the games industry.
- Experience developing platform products.
- Experience doing full-stack development.