Senior Manager, Global Indirect Taxes
AppLovin's global technology platform provides developers a powerful, integrated set of solutions to grow their businesses. AppLovin enables developers to market, monetize, analyze and publish their apps. Its studios create popular, immersive content and its technology brings that content to users around the world. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with offices globally. Learn more at applovin.com.
AppLovin is a Certified Great Place to Work, one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019, 2020 and 2021, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
As the Senior Manager, Global Indirect Taxes, you will be responsible for supporting the indirect tax function which includes VAT, digital services tax, sales/use tax and other non-income-based taxes. You will partner with senior leadership on new legislation, industry developments, and action plans.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of common principles of VAT and digital services tax and ability to effectively apply them to the company
- Monitor and evaluate potential impact of tax legislation changes on the company and recommend proper course of action
- Review voluntary disclosure agreements, nexus and taxability studies
- Communicate with tax authorities for letter rulings or opinion letters
- Determine sales tax liabilities based upon multi-jurisdictional revenue
- Manage and review indirect tax accruals and reconciliations
- Provide indirect tax advice and support for internal business units
- Manage and review other non-income-based taxes such as gross receipts tax, B&O, property taxes, etc.
- Assist in M&As as it relates to indirect tax matters
- Manage global indirect tax compliance calendar and review of indirect tax filings
- Supervise tax-related services and outsourced tax-specific work product
- Manage indirect tax audits as needed
- Manage R&D tax credit study performed by outside service provider
What We Value
- A minimum of 10 years of VAT/ indirect tax experience in both corporate and public accounting
- Detailed exposure to VAT taxation, country-specific or multi-jurisdictional VAT
- Some exposure to digital services tax preferred
- Excellent managerial, organizational, analytical and verbal/written communication skills
- Experience in M&A transactions preferred
- Experience working with tax auditors to help drive an efficient and timely resolution to tax audits
- Strong project management and multitasking skills; organized and attentive to details
- B.S. degree in Accounting; CPA is a plus
AppLovin is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.