Intermediate Game Designer
Clipwire is one of Canada's fastest growing mobile video game companies and the creator of Bingo Story, the top grossing game by a Canadian developer. Founded in Toronto 10 years ago, we’ve had tremendous success and are poised for another decade of record growth. Our company is built on strong values, work ethic and intelligent data driven growth. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day which has allowed us to build a highly profitable suite of games which we continue to refine and improve every day. We like to think we’re making our moms proud.
Working at Clipwire means becoming part of the future right now. We have reached our current growth rate because we support, promote and develop our team so that they can make great games. Come find out what all the buzz is about!
As an Intermediate Game Designer at Clipwire you'll be helping to grow Bingo Story into an even greater success than it is today! If you're a seasoned mobile game designer who loves and plays casual mobile games, we'd love to hear from you!
You will be responsible for developing game systems, controls, and interfaces as well as establishing best practices for the design process in support of the vision.
- Collaborate across the organization (producers, art and product management) to design and implement new features in our top grossing game Bingo Story and ideate for new products
- Engage in regular meetings with the Art Director to ensure art produced accurately reflects the needs of the design experience and the brand
- Design user experiences that successfully address product priorities outlined by the product owner.
- Quickly ideate / problem solve leveraging best practices to solve issues in an open collaborative setting.
- Set the standard for well thought out UX wire-frames and diagrams
- Set the standard for clear, concise and complete game design documentation and presentations
- Synthesize metrics from the data science team to innovate design solutions.
- Guide and mentor more junior designers with empathy and diplomacy
- 6+ years of experience in the role of game designer, in a well known successful game studio
- Autonomous self starter who can think on your feet and manage your time efficiently
- Ability to manage multiple objectives at once
- Ability to set priorities and deliver against deadlines.
- Ability to propose design solutions scoped for available timeline and resources
- Ability to set the standard for clear, concise GDDs, user flows, and feature presentations.
- Comfortable with abstract problem solving
- Ability to design complex economic systems out of a holistic awareness of how all components affect the others
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and systems succinctly in a manner tailored for the audience you are addressing
- Ability to create best in class diagrams and one page designs
- Expert understanding of free-to-play methodology
- Excellent communication, diplomacy and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with programmers and build consensus at all levels
- Thrive in a fast paced, highly collaborative, iterative team where everyone’s voice is valued
- Love of and solid knowledge of the casual mobile games space a plus
- Experience implementing and play testing game mechanics a plus
Nice To Haves
- Experience working in Unity
- Experience with project management software (eg JIRA or Hansoft)
- $500 a year wellness spending account
- Paid sick days
- Competitive vacations based on industry experience
- Paid volunteer days
- Employee charity donation matching
- Phased in return for new parents
- Achievement of the month bonuses
- Free snacks and drinks
- A beautiful bright and stylish new office space on 2 floors in downtown Toronto
- Walking distance from union station
- Company funded social events (even virtual ones!)
- On-site and offsite training for career and skills development
Clipwire is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.