Director of Accounting, M&A Integration
AppLovin is a global leader in mobile entertainment. Its studios create popular, immersive mobile games and its technology brings games to more players around the world. Since 2012, the company’s platform has been instrumental in driving the explosive growth of mobile games, resulting in a richer ecosystem and more games played by millions of people every day. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with several offices globally. Learn more at applovin.com.
AppLovin is one of Inc.‘s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times’ awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work and the Workplace Wellness Award which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
We are seeking a Director of Accounting, M&A Integration to join our accounting team based in Palo Alto, reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer. This individual will work with our accounting team to help with end-to-end process surround Applovin’s mergers and acquisitions. Qualified candidates will be self-starters, able to multi-task and comfortable in a fast-paced, high growth, dynamic setting. You should be comfortable partnering with other business constituents and building relationships across departments. We are looking for candidates who are high energy and excited about building and being a part of a hard-working team.
- Develop and maintain project plans specific to the various acquisition integration processes within finance.
- Collaborate with due diligence team including external resources to assist in transaction and develop knowledge necessary to create integration plan.
- Develop and maintain listing of critical outstanding issues for each acquisition and help drive items to completion within a specified, agreed-upon timeline.
- Partner with the GL Accounting team to identify financial statement impact of migrating from target company accounting policy to AppLovin accounting policy for each identified difference. Ensure that each policy difference is documented and communicated with the AppLovin Chief Accounting Officer and also communicate findings with other parts of the organization, as necessary.
- Assess target company monthly close process and evaluate as to how it aligns with AppLovin’s Monthly Close Calendar. Communicate and coordinate with AppLovin GL and Technical Accounting teams as well as the target company Accounting organization to ensure that all monthly close reporting deadlines are accurately and successfully achieved without error.
- Identify and coordinate a trial balance account mapping migration scheme to ensure target company general ledger accounts are properly mapped to existing AppLovin general ledger accounts in a consistent manner.
- Perform a detailed review of target company closing balance sheet to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Coordinate the preparation and review of stand-alone financial information by acquired Accounting and Finance personnel as well as AppLovin leadership.
- Create, implement, and continuously improve integration internal controls and best practice accounting integration plans within the GL Accounting team.
- Evaluate enhancing systems and processes with the introduction of new technology, including but not limited to automated reconciliation tools, robotic automation, and enhanced reporting tools.
- Work cross functionally as required to solve integration issues in a pre-determined, time efficient manner.
- Other integration coordination activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive accounting experience with excellent technical understanding of US GAAP required
- Big 4 audit firm experience preferred
- CPA (or equivalent) required
- Experience in operational integration of mergers & acquisitions or project management strongly preferred
- Strong organizational skills and the demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/deliverables simultaneously against set deadlines
- Ability to successfully work at a detailed level, as well as the ability to communicate high level with executive management.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required
- Experience in designing, structuring and implementing new operational policies and processes
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and proactively. A strong sense of urgency to drive high quality work product with impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- NetSuite experience preferred
AppLovin is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.