Business Development Analyst
AppLovin fuels the growth of many of the world's most popular mobile games and game studios. Since 2012, the company’s technologies have been instrumental in driving the explosive growth of games from its studio partners and its own studios. AppLovin makes those same technologies available to all game developers, resulting in a richer mobile game ecosystem and better games for people everywhere. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with several offices globally.
AppLovin is one of Inc.‘s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times’ awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work and the Workplace Wellness Award which recognises businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
We are looking for a driven and results-focused Analyst to join our expanding and fast-paced Business Development team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to partner with major brands and mobile app developers to leverage AppLovin’s marketing platform to grow their business in a measurable way. You will also have a chance to work directly with AppLovin’s leadership - including VPs and Directors across teams, and to learn from many thought leaders in the industry, including our founders.
The AppLovin Business Development team develops and sustains partnerships with mobile game and application developers. A customer facing team, working closely with mobile platform publishers and developers. Coupling Strategic Sales, strong negotiation skills, a deep knowledge of industry trends, along with market analyses, the BD team transform new opportunities into long term relationships and endurable revenues.
- You will interface, negotiate and develop high-impact relationships with mobile game & app developers across China to build business partnerships and support company growth.
- Define and analyse data metrics to achieve success for our partners
- Identify prospects, generate sales leads, negotiate and close new business via emails, calls, meetings, etc.
- Network at events and meet-ups within the mobile gaming / application space to build business relationships and partnerships.
- Liaise with our internal technical teams regarding any publisher-focused technical queries, and provide customer support.
- Leverage competitive analysis and understand the mobile advertising landscape.
- Communicate effectively with external partners and companies to build and grow key partnerships
- Meet with partners and nurture successful relationships
- Set up partners and manage daily performance against key metrics to identify opportunities
- Become a mobile advertising guru and an expert on our suite of products
- Always be working to optimize our business – this includes analysing data, testing new ideas, and building new ads. We use data driven to optimize everything.
Necessary Qualifications and Skills:
- At least 2+ years in Sales/Business Development role in mobile advertising
- Fluent English and Mandarin
- Knowledge and experience of yield optimisation through direct Publisher relationships
- Must be detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Deep understanding of industry issues, coupled with a vision for growth and passion to scale AppLovin’s position in industry space.
- Exceptional client management skills, with proven success in business/client retention and business growth
- Proactive problem-solving capabilities and outstanding interpersonal skills
- High level of written and oral communication skills with ability to communicate complex models and concepts.
- Experience prioritising competing demands
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Proven interest in technology. Whether you’re an early adopter of gadgets, an Excel whiz, or took a computer science class in school and loved it. We are a high tech and big data company, so you’ll be expected to interface with developers at times.
- Having worked at or founded a start-up is a plus. We’re always looking for people who were key contributors in a fast pace environment, even if their company failed!
- Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- Competitive Salary
- Daily lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Company Perks, gym subsidy, laundry subsidy, commuting subsidy
- Fun company parties and events
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
AppLovin is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.