Build the future of mobile games with AppLovin!
Who We Are:
At AppLovin, we build technology that helps make mobile games successful and enables developers to bring their games to more people around the world. Since we launched in 2012, our technology platform has been instrumental in fueling the explosive growth of many mobile games, including those developed by our own studio and by our studio partners. We’ve built an amazing team of talented people who are committed to helping the mobile games industry thrive. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto with offices in San Francisco, Dublin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Toronto, Herzliya and Berlin.
AppLovin is one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times’ awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work and the Workplace Wellness Award, which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
To entertain the world with the best mobile games by helping game developers reach players everywhere and provide the best game experience for their users.
At AppLovin, we’re all about staying inspired and delivering our best. We’re not content just to meet our goals—we want to beat them. Doing that means always taking initiative, acting with integrity, and aspiring to greatness.
What we’re looking for:
For a new, innovative and super-exciting business within AppLovin, we’re looking for the first backend developer, 100% hands-on experience with team management and tech lead skills. The ideal candidate is super passionate about technology, independent, self-motivated, results-oriented and sharp.
- BSc in Computer Science from a top university
- At least 3 years hands on experience of server-side programming
- Experience in Unix environment and cloud deployments to AWS
- Team leading experience - an advantage
- Experience in leading backend architecture development from zero to production
- Eager to ship, get the code out of the door, and willing to make pragmatic trade-offs while ensuring product quality at all times
- Passionate, motivated auto-didact that can take on projects and learn new technologies
- Quick learning generalist with ability to adjust for changing business requirements
- A real team player!
- Develop a the server-side of a new app from scratch to app store release and reaching large scale of users
- Lead the selection of the backend tech stack, planning and building the system architecture and defining development methods and processes
- Work closely with product management to define and develop the app server-side
- Optional: lead the backend team when additional team members join the team
AppLovin is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.