Art Director (Clipwire)
Clipwire is one of Canada's fastest growing mobile video game companies and the creator of Bingo Story, the top grossing game by a Canadian developer. Founded in Toronto 10 years ago, we’ve had tremendous success and are poised for another decade of record growth. Our company is built on strong values, work ethic and intelligent data driven growth. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day which has allowed us to build a highly profitable suite of games which we continue to refine and improve every day. We like to think we’re making our moms proud.
Working at Clipwire means becoming part of the future right now. We have reached our current growth rate because we support, promote and develop our team so that they can make great games. Come find out what all the buzz is about!
We are currently looking for an Art Director with a minimum of 10 years in the game industry and 5-7 years in a game art leadership role in freemium mobile, to lead our art team’s work on our top grossing game, Bingo Story, as well as future projects.
- Proven art leadership experience where you define and develop the artistic vision for a game; lead and manage an art team, define and manage art pipelines
- Expert experience defining the art vision whilst also being able to understand and work within technical limitations and game engines
- An exceptional game art portfolio with links to live games you've worked on
- Exceptional drawing, illustrating, font and colour palette skills and general art direction skills with which to inspire and lead the art team
- Expertise in presenting art direction to stakeholders at all levels and gaining consensus
- Expert level user and coach of core game development software and engines
- Deep understanding of art production for games and the project management aspect of the production process
- Ability to guide team members to work smart across the entire art pipeline - establishing best practices throughout the team
- You have created art style guides for known published games
- Experience with user interface art for casual mobile games and demonstrable experience directing UI style guides
- Experience creating and integrating game ready assets
- Senior experience as a lead game artist on several released mobile titles from at least one well known studio
- Proven ability to work with programmers to get the best possible visual output from the game engine and to successfully pitch new tools when needed
- Experience directing motion designers and animators (experience in SPINE a plus)
- You lead by example and demonstrate focus and dedication to a healthy team culture with a growth mindset
- You never stop proactively looking for ways to push the art quality even on low target devices
- You always have your finger on the pulse of the industry
- You are an expert at creating game ready art for mobile and bring a wealth of best practices and the know-how to coach and mentor intermediate and junior artists
- You are able to see the art direction holistically and ensure that the game holds that direction
- You problem solve and think strategically You have well honed conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- You command excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- You demonstrate superior communication skills with both written and verbal content; highly articulate; professional level English is a must
How To Apply
- Include a link to your online portfolio in your cover letter. Note if any work in your portfolio is collaborative please indicate which parts are yours. Please be sure the link to your portfolio works. If there is no portfolio we won't be able to consider you for the role.
Clipwire is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.