2D Designer (Digital Artist / Animator)
AppLovin's global technology platform provides developers a powerful, integrated set of solutions to grow their businesses. AppLovin enables developers to market, monetize, analyze and publish their apps. Its studios create popular, immersive content and its technology brings that content to users around the world. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with offices globally. Learn more at applovin.com.
AppLovin is a Certified Great Place to Work, one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019, 2020 and 2021, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
Grow your career at AppLovin.
AppLovin’s in-house creative team, SparkLabs, is looking for a talented Designer. You would be joining a team that is responsible for creating a variety of graphic, video and interactive creatives designed for mobile games. The genres will vary from match 3 games to far more complex resource management and mid-core games. These creatives will be used to allow end users the ability to preview some of the largest mobile gaming apps in the marketplace.
If you are passionate about working on thoughtful and polished mobile advertisements that have potential to reach millions of mobile users, join our team! This position will serve as a critical member of an impactful team that wears many hats and moves fast. This role requires someone who thrives in a diverse, fast paced environment where grit and resilience is valued as highly as operational excellence.
To be considered for this position, you must include your resume and portfolio.
IMPORTANT: This is a contract to hire opportunity. We are only hiring in Austin, Dallas, Las Vegas, Denver, Toronto and Portland, Oregon for this position.
- Compose, illustrate, and animate graphic, video and playable advertisements for AppLovin’s partners globally across a wide variety of mobile gaming genres.
- Animate 2D objects depending on your creative specialization.
- Collaborate with business teams to understand campaign objectives.
- Optimize ads by ideating and creating high quality ads to meet those objectives.
- Experience with animation and motion graphics
- BA/BS degree in graphic design, media arts, illustration, animation, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-2 years of professional experience working in creative production.
- Strong proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere and Illustrator.
- Ability to grasp multiple design requirements with attention to detail and effectively complete deliverables within deadlines with little supervision.
- Results oriented and interested in working with data and cross-team stakeholders to produce high-engagement ads.
- Prior experience creating/editing mobile advertisements.
- Experience with 2D character animation.
- Game design or development experience is a plus!
- Marketing experience is a plus!
- Working proficiency in another foreign language is a plus!
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing.
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Work from home stipend on each paycheck
- Free public transit for commuting to the office (when applicable)
- $100 per month for gym membership
- Fun company parties and events
- Flexible Time Off - work hard and take time when you need it
AppLovin is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.