(Closed) IMG Audio QA Engineer (Embedded)
Imagine what you could do at Apple! Everyday, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you bring passion and dedication to your job? If so, we are looking for individuals like you. The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is at the center of audio, video and graphics support in Apple’s innovative products, including the AirPods, HomePod, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV.
IMG’s Audio team provides the audio foundation for various high profile features like Game Audio, Siri, FaceTime, media capture, playback and API’s for third party developers to enrich our platforms. The team is looking for hardworking engineers who are passionate about building audio features and products for millions of customers and care about overall user experience. You will revolutionize the audio experience for game and future audio technologies.
Audio drivers, firmware and audio subsystems will all be areas of testing you will be responsible for. As a member of this team, you will have a unique opportunity to work with some of Apple's most advanced technologies to help build empowering solutions for everyone.
- 3-5+ years of experience in general test engineering required
- Expertise in audio testing, software testing, isolating issues, devising test plans, aiming to specification
- A foundational understanding of electronic and audio technology
- Ability to triage problems, prioritize accordingly, and propose a resolution
- Strong ear for sound anomalies and the validation of sound quality
- Familiarity with real-time audio handling (sample rates, buffering, PCM, drivers, etc.)
You will contribute to the development and testing of the next generation of iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, HomePod hardware and software platforms. You will work with peer groups to understand the needs, challenges and existing tools and be involved in defining and updating team test tools, processes and procedures. In this position you will need to be a self-starter with excellent communications skills and attention to detail. In this role, you'll need to work well both on a team, and on your own. The fast-paced nature of the job requires someone who can work well under pressure and quickly adapt new technologies into effective audio testing. We are seeking someone who is intensely curious yet focused on delivering results in a timely manner. An eye and ear for quality is a required.
Education & Experience
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Audio Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Music Technology, or equivalent experience
- Ability to script in Python is a plus
- Audio DSP experience is a plus
- Musicians welcome