Are you an experienced level designer? Do you see yourself as a contributor, occasionally a mentor, a strong communicator and UE4 whizz? Do you want to work next to the ocean with passionate developers on projects that will challenge your creativity? Then AntiMatter Games wants to hear from you!
As one of our ace level designers you’ll interact with nearly every department to make epic theatres for our upcoming online first person shooter ’83, and our first person cold-war spy thriller I.G.I.: Origins.
- Contributing to the studio's internal dialogues on various design issues, and giving feedback and suggestions to other Level Designers on their work.
- Make suggestions and prototype new tools, example levels and workflows for the Level Design department
- Work close with Junior level designers and contribute to their development / help with mentoring
- Understand the high level vision of the game and be able to translate the vision into level design standards that can be used by others to build all of the levels in the game
- Identify and manage risks within the schedule
- Scripting / Programming in the game engines code language
- Create new tools using the game engines code language
- Create Designs proposals and implement designs in the game engine, using tools provided by the engine
- Create Content in the engine using given tools and 3D objects
- Test and correct designs made using the game engine/software
- Write documentation related to the designs, for support and training
Skills and Knowledge
- A passion for games and an interest in creating intriguing gameplay
- Excellent communication skills and organisational abilities
- Possess a calm and logical approach to challenges and ambiguity
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for ongoing learning and self-development
- 3+ year experience using Unreal Engine 4 or equivalent engines
- An advanced understand of developer tools & software
- 2+ years experience of Level Design in an industry studio environment
- Min. one shipped action game in a level design position
- Extensive experience using level editing tools
- Extensive experience using node-based visual script logic
- Experience supervising a level design team or part of a team
AntiMatter Games is Cornwall’s largest game development studio. We developed Rising Storm, PC Gamer’s ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year’, and the critically acclaimed sequel Rising Storm 2: Vietnam.
Working for Antimatter means working on exciting and innovative video games every day! We have a strong company culture, where our employees are encouraged to have an excellent work-life balance. We want to support our team to become the best developers they can be, whatever their department.
UK Employees will receive Private Health Insurance, a BUPA Cash Plan and subscription to PerkBox, which includes hundreds of perks, freebies and discounts on its platform.
Based in waterside offices in Truro, the UK's most Southerly city, AntiMatter Games' offices are within a few minutes walk of Cornwall's shopping, culture and eating hub. Accessible by bus or train, and with private car parking, or for the more adventurous, you could kayak to work! Perfectly positioned to explore the tranquil South Coast or the crashing Atlantic North Coast, we offer an unrivalled life/work experience for those making games in the UK.
On weekends and evenings, our team can be found cycling, surfing, kayaking, swimming, beachcombing, walking, enjoying live music or capturing beautiful sights by camera. On rainy days you might find a friendly game of Dungeons & Dragons or a book to read by the fireplace. Sometimes we also play video games!