Are you a passionate Animator wishing to become an integral member of a growing studio? Do you have a particular set of skills that include animating in Maya, Motionbuilder and UE4? Do you want to work by the beach making video games with a group of other, passionate, game developers? Then Antimatter Games needs you!
As our new Senior Animator, you will work with our stellar team of developers to create realistic gameplay animations and cinematic cutscenes for our up-coming narrative driven first-person shooter IGI:Origins. You’ll work closely with Animators, Artists and Programmers to develop and share a vision for characters and animation on upcoming titles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will work closely with the Cinematic Lead and Technical Animation Lead to create high-quality animations for gameplay and cinematics.
- You'll animate realistic characters, including facial animations, using keyframe and motion capture pipelines.
- You'll assist with overseeing motion capture performance recording in-house.
- You'll handle motion capture data and deliver final cleaned up animation in a game ready state.
- You will be a crucial member of the Animation team, helping to develop pipelines from Maya/Motionbuilder to Game Engine.
- You’ll report to and support the Lead Animator in ad hoc tasks as required.
- You can demonstrate strong Keyframe and Motion capture skills.
- You are familiar with motion-capture animation and the facial pipeline for games.
- Your proficient with Maya and Motionbuilder.
- You have an understanding of and can implement gameplay animations from concept to game engine.
- You know the animation pipeline from design to deployment.
- You’re able to receive and apply critique on your work.
- You’re good at working to a deadline and managing your own time.
- You have 3+ years experience in game animation, and at least one shipped title.
- You have experience using Unreal Engine 4.
- You're enthusiastic, methodical and organised in your approach to work, with high quality standards.
- You are able to document and explain work clearly and concisely.
- You have a strong knowledge of human anatomy and the visual arts.
- You have good interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to work as part of a multi- disciplinary team.
Antimatter Games is Cornwall’s largest game development studio. We developed Rising Storm, PC Gamer’s ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year’, and the critically acclaimed sequel Rising Storm 2: Vietnam.
Working for Antimatter means working on exciting and innovative video games every day! We have a strong company culture, where our employees are encouraged to have an excellent work-life balance. We want to support our team to become the best developers they can be, whatever their department.
At Antimatter Games we believe you can have your cake and eat it! You shouldn’t have to live in the city smog or endure hours of expensive public transport to make great video games. This position is an exciting opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful, idyllic places by the sea in the UK – where the cost of living is far better than the city – and to be part of a talented team as we continue to grow and work on ambitious projects!
On weekends and evenings, our team can be found cycling, surfing, kayaking, swimming, beachcombing, walking, enjoying live music or capturing beautiful sights by camera. On rainy days you might find a friendly game of Dungeons & Dragons or a book to read by the fireplace. Sometimes we also play video games!