Senior AI Programmer
Are you a programming veteran excelling in C++? Do you have a shipped game(s) under your belt with coding credits, specifically within AI? Are you excited to collaborate with a team of innovative and passionate developers in a games studio by the ocean that has the wellbeing of employees at the forefront of our ethics? AntiMatter Games asks you to read on! Note that all of our roles will start remotely transitioning to office work at a safe, supported pace.
You will be bringing your experience and knowledge to our robust coding department. Your work will be exciting and varied as your code touches all aspects of our first person spy/shooter IGI:Origins.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Experienced C++ programmer
- Ability to write solid, reliable, efficient code
- Experienced with UE4
- Excellent awareness of AI specific paradigms and algorithms, specially;
- Knowledge and experience working with behaviour trees
- Knowledge and experience working with utility AI
- Able to tune AI systems, based on high level design input, with minimal assistance
- Understanding player expectations in terms of gameplay mechanics of modern video games
- Keen analytical mind
- Excellent 3D maths skills
- High work ethic and self-motivation
- You have one or more shipped PC/console titles with engine or graphics credit
- You have excellent knowledge of C++ and AI design skills
- You’re experienced with UE4 programming on published titles
- You’re a great problem-solver
- You’re proactive, autonomous and self-motivating
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You’ve achieved a BSc in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Cross-platform (PC, Xbox, PS) development
- You have knowledge about engine low-level systems: multithreading, networking
- Passion for gaming!
- Experience with JIRA and/or Agile software development
AntiMatter Games is Cornwall’s largest game development studio. We developed Rising Storm, PC Gamer’s ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year’, and the critically acclaimed sequel Rising Storm 2: Vietnam. We are currently busy developing first-person tactical shooter ‘83 as well as working on a currently unannounced project.
Working for Antimatter means working on exciting and innovative video games every day! We have a strong company culture, where our employees are encouraged to have an excellent work-life balance. We want to support our team to become the best developers they can be, whatever their department.
Based in waterside offices in Truro, the UK's most Southerly city, AntiMatter Games' offices are within a few minutes’ walk of Cornwall's shopping, culture and eating hub. Accessible by bus or train, and with private car parking, or for the more adventurous, you could kayak to work! Perfectly positioned to explore the tranquil South Coast or the crashing Atlantic North Coast, we offer an unrivalled life/work experience for those making games in the UK.
On weekends and evenings, our team can be found cycling, surfing, kayaking, swimming, beachcombing, walking, enjoying live music or capturing beautiful sights by camera. On rainy days you might find a friendly game of Dungeons & Dragons or a book to read by the fireplace. Sometimes we also play video games!
International applicants welcome.
For information on how we process your data, our data protection policy for candidates can be found here.