Intermediate Game Programmer
Are you an experienced programmer familiar with C++? Do you have a shipped game under your belt with a coding credit? Are you excited to collaborate with a team of innovative and passionate developers in a sea-side games studio that has the wellbeing of employees at the forefront of our ethics? AntiMatter Games asks you to read on!
You’ll be bringing your experience and knowledge to our robust coding department. Your work will be exciting and varied as your code touches all aspects of our online first person shooter ’83.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Translate designs and requirements into clean and efficient code
- Create and iterate on features in an existing codebase, or from the genesis of a new project using effective, re-usable, effectively structured and annotated code
- Implement all technical aspects of games such as networking, animation, effects, UI, audio...
- Produce prototypes of gameplay ideas and features from design team
- Analyse, identify the causes of and resolve bugs that are provided by our QA team
- Communicate effectively with our design team & project leadership about the practical and technical concerns of proposed features and content, including timeframes and any relevant technical limitations.
- Familiarity with C++ programming and systems design skills
- At least one major shipped PC/console title
- BSc in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Proactive, autonomous and self-motivating
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Good math and physics skills
- Worked in multiplayer games
- Cross-platform (PC, Xbox, PS) development
- Passion for first person shooters
- Experience with JIRA and/or Agile software development
AntiMatter Games is Cornwall’s largest game development studio. We developed Rising Storm, PC Gamer’s ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year’, and the critically acclaimed sequel Rising Storm 2: Vietnam. We are currently busy developing first-person tactical shooter ‘83 as well as working on a currently unannounced project.
Working for AntiMatter means working on exciting and innovative video games every day! We have a strong company culture, where our employees are encouraged to have an excellent work-life balance. We want to support our team to become the best developers they can be, whatever their department.
At Antimatter Games we believe you can have your cake and eat it! You shouldn’t have to live in the city smog or endure hours of expensive public transport to make great video games. This position is an exciting opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful, idyllic places by the sea in the UK – where the cost of living is far better than the city – and to be part of a talented team as we continue to grow and work on ambitious projects!
Falmouth is home to our studio. It has been voted one of the top places to live in the whole of the UK, loved for its vibrant arts & creative atmosphere, with lots of great events being held throughout the year.
On weekends and evenings, our team can be found cycling, surfing, kayaking, swimming, beachcombing, walking, enjoying live music or capturing beautiful sights by camera. On rainy days you might find a friendly game of Dungeons & Dragons or a book to read by the fireplace. Sometimes we also play video games!
International applicants welcome.