Senior UI/UX Designer (H/F/NB)
Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers and creators of the finest strategy games with the help of our players! Founded in 2011 and acquired by SEGA in 2016, we are a team of over 120 developers based in Paris with an international team hailing from all over the world.
Our current titles in production include Humankind, a historical strategy epic where you’ll be combining cultures as you lead your people from the Bronze to the Modern age; and Endless Dungeon, a squad-based rogue-lite tactical action game.
We’re best known for our critically acclaimed Endless series, played by millions worldwide, including Endless Space, Endless Legend, Dungeon of the Endless, and Endless Space 2.
Our close relationship with the community is a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We’re proud of the way we create games together with our players via Games2Gether, our custom-built community platform that enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
As a Senior UI-UX Designer (permanent contract), you will help us create the best user experience for our players! To do so, you will work hand in hand with our UI-UX team, Lead Designer, Executive Producer and external partner.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Create and deliver delightful ergonomic interfaces and relevant icons
- Actively propose visual enhancements to our games, tools interfaces and document style in order to improve the accessibility of our games (icons’ understanding, color-blindness adjustments, motion design…)
- Produce wireframe and prototype for dev team review and iteration towards implementation.
- Help gathering and evaluating user requirements, iterate with the design team and refine the game to create interfaces easy to use, effective and understandable for players
- Understand Players/Games interactions (playtests follow-up) and define models, task flow and UI specifications
- Collaborate with teams to keep content user-friendly
- Oversee the player onboarding process, from high level design to tutorial implementation, taking into account accessibility, progression, and player research results.
Required experience & skills
- About 5 years of practical UX design experience in games or game related projects
- Able to create compelling icons
- User-oriented with strong creative skills
- Good knowledge of ergonomic principles applied to video games
- Strong interest for communication, autonomy, attention to details and organizational skills
- Excellent ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles by understanding their limitations (developers, designers, artists…)
- Stay current on the latest UI/UX trends, techniques and technologies
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Proficient with Photoshop and Illustrator or FIGMA, Axure or Adobe XD
- Fluent in English
(Very) Welcome Bonuses!
- Mastery of fonts and typography
- Basics in motion (After effects or principle)
- Basics in Unity
- Working knowledge of French
- Passionate about strategy games
- C# understanding
- Health insurance (Mutuelle) - 60% paid by Amplitude
- Transport subscription (50 % paid by Amplitude) & “sustainable mobility” allowance
- Access to SEGA games portfolio
- Friendly atmosphere, team cohesion and stimulating work environment :)
- Recruitment process: 3 interviews and a technical test
- Weekly online sports and yoga classes to keep fit.
- Various events during the year: cooking & tasting sessions, virtual escape games, etc.
- Monthly meetings with the entire studio to communicate company news.
- Daily listening from the HR department, who regularly takes news
- Virtual onboarding, allowing step-by-step support for new team members.