Senior AI Programmer (H/F/NB)
Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers and creators of the finest strategy games with the help of our players! Founded in 2011 and acquired by SEGA in 2016, we are a team of over 120 developers based in Paris with an international team hailing from all over the world.
Our current titles in production include Humankind, a historical strategy epic where you’ll be combining cultures as you lead your people from the Bronze to the Modern age; and Endless Dungeon, a squad-based rogue-lite tactical action game.
We’re best known for our critically acclaimed Endless series, played by millions worldwide, including Endless Space, Endless Legend, Dungeon of the Endless, and Endless Space 2.
Our close relationship with the community is a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We’re proud of the way we create games together with our players via Games2Gether, our custom-built community platform that enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
We are looking for a Senior AI Programmer for a permanent position to work on Humankind, and on our next projects.
More specifically, under the supervision of the Technical Director, you will:
- Collaborate with design and engineering teams to understand AI needs
- Develop and implement features (conception & architecture) to create an efficient AI, smart and fun to play
- Have a global view of all AI development and help the Lead AI Programmer to defines the technical direction of the AI Team.
- Develop the AI framework to improve the AI of Amplitude Games.
- Mentor Junior AI Programmer / AI Designer
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Video Games
- +6 years of experience in a similar or relevant position
- AI specialization with an excellent theoretical knowledge
- Good understanding of multi-threading, optimization and performances problematics
Required skills and profile:
- Proficient in C# ability, Unity understanding
- Good knowledge of mathematics, computer science and artificial intelligence
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles (game designers, producers…)
- Responsible & creative
- Health insurance (Mutuelle) - 60% paid by Amplitude
- Transport subscription (50 % paid by Amplitude) & “sustainable mobility” allowance
- Access to SEGA games portfolio
- Friendly atmosphere, team cohesion and stimulating work environment :)
- Recruitment process: 3 interviews and a technical test (1h)
- Open to partial remote work
- Weekly online sports and yoga classes to keep fit.
- Various events during the year: cooking & tasting sessions, virtual escape games, etc.
- Monthly meetings with the entire studio to communicate company news.
- Daily listening from the HR department, who regularly takes news
- Virtual onboarding, allowing step-by-step support for new team members.