FX Artist (H/F/NB)
Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers and creators of the finest strategy games with the help of our players! Founded in 2011 and acquired by SEGA in 2016, we are a team of over 120 developers based in Paris with an international team hailing from all over the world.
Our current titles in production include Humankind, a historical strategy epic where you’ll be combining cultures as you lead your people from the Bronze to the Modern age; and Endless Dungeon, a squad-based rogue-lite tactical action game.
We’re best known for our critically acclaimed Endless series, played by millions worldwide, including Endless Space, Endless Legend, Dungeon of the Endless, and Endless Space 2.
Our close relationship with the community is a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We’re proud of the way we create games together with our players via Games2Gether, our custom-built community platform that enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
We are looking for an FX Artist for a permanent contract, to assist with the creation and implementation of real-time visual FX in collaboration with 3D Programmers, artists and other team members, for both our upcoming games and lives projects.
Under the supervision of our Lead FX Artist, you will:
- Turn the Creative Director’s vision and concept into high quality VFX while maintaining a coherent art style
- Model, texture, animate, light and optimize VFX assets
- Make sure VFX meet both gameplay & performance expectations
- Create and implement real-time particle effects
- 3+ years of experience in video game industry in a similar or relevant position in VFX
- Expert in 3DS Max & Photoshop
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Capacity to understand and master successfully a new internally built FX system
- Good understanding of real time VFX techniques & willingness to stay up to date
- Knowledge of shading and lighting for VFX
- Ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles
- Autonomy, attention to details and organizational skills
(Very) Welcome Bonuses!
- Passionate about video games
- Good understanding of Unity
- Health insurance (Mutuelle) - 60% paid by Amplitude
- Transport subscription (50 % paid by Amplitude) & “sustainable mobility” allowance
- Access to SEGA games portfolio
- Friendly atmosphere, team cohesion and stimulating work environment :)
- Recruitment process: 3 interviews
- Weekly online sports and yoga classes to keep fit.
- Various events during the year: cooking & tasting sessions, virtual escape games, etc.
- Monthly meetings with the entire studio to communicate company news.
- Daily listening from the HR department, who regularly takes news
- Virtual onboarding, allowing step-by-step support for new team members.