Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers and creators of the finest strategy games with the help of our players! Founded in 2011 and acquired by SEGA in 2016, we are a team of over 120 developers based in Paris with an international team hailing from all over the world.
Our current titles in production include HUMANKIND™, a historical strategy epic where you’ll be combining cultures as you lead your people from the Bronze to the Modern age; and Endless™ Dungeon, a squad-based rogue-lite tactical action game.
We’re best known for our critically acclaimed Endless™ series, played by millions worldwide, including Endless Space, Endless Legend, Dungeon of the Endless, and Endless Space 2.
Our close relationship with the community is a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We’re proud of the way we create games together with our players via Games2Gether, our custom-built community platform that enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
We are looking for a Full-Stack Developer to assist our Head of Online Services in the development of our Games2Gether platform. Specifically, we are seeking a candidate with proficient technical skills.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Working on the Games2Gether platform, including:
- Participating to updates with the Marketing Team to report on the progression of the project
- Anticipating the possible difficulties / delays regarding the feasibility of certain features compared to the original design and proactively proposing adapted solutions
- Maintaining and improving the platform, you will also:
- Develop new additions required on the website / implement modifications
- Monitor and maintain the platform, ensure it continuously runs properly
- Fix any issue quickly and take on a proactive role by searching for and suggesting potential improvements to the Marketing and Management teams
Additionally, you will occasionally work on other topics (DevOps, Intranet, real time, gaming…)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related field
- 1+ year of experience in front end development
Required skills and profile
- Capacity to work autonomously with some creative and design guidance
- Willingness to learn and strong curiosity to use the latest and greatest techniques!
- Creative skills and ability to form a critical view on the proposed features for the platform, their relevance and impact on the ergonomics and clarity of the website
- Empathy with the users, with an ability to judge the appeal of the platform for Amplitude’s community (especially by paying close attention to the ease of use for both seasoned and beginner users of the website).
- Take on a proactive attitude to spot opportunities or potential issues ahead of time and propose appropriate solutions
- Flexibility and adaptability to fast-paced change
- Experience with Rust is a plus
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.