Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers who want to create the finest strategy games with the help of our players!
Based in Paris and created in 2011, our titles include Endless Space, Dungeon of the Endless, Endless Legend, and Endless Space 2; critically acclaimed strategy titles, all set in the Endless Universe.
We also recently unveiled our next title: Humankind, a historical strategy epic where you’ll be combining cultures as you lead your people from the Bronze to the Modern age.
Our close relationship with the community is for us a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We are, of course, happy that our games have sold well and won awards, but more importantly we’re really proud of the way we create games together with our players. Our Games2Gether platform is a great example of this. It enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
As our Data Analyst, your main responsibilities will be to work with our data engineer, as well as production (primarily), marketing and finance teams to determine our data tracking needs, verify the data’s quality and provide understandable and actionable data visualization to the users of that data. You try to understand our players’ behavior in-game and outside, to help us improve our games, answer our existing players’ expectations and convince new players.
More specifically, as the studio’s Data Analyst, you will:
- Work with the production and marketing teams to design our in-game tracking and maximize the data’s usefulness,
- Provide our production, marketing and finance teams with well-designed reports that answer the teams’ questions on our games and our players,
- Perform comprehensive and actionable analyses, at your initiative, to provide new insight into our games, our players, and our business,
- Together with our data engineer, work to automate data verification and visualization processes, to make sure tracking is fully optimized and the production and management teams can be informed, accurately and in real time, of changes in in-game behavior,
- Lead the evangelization effort of data in the service of the decision-making process, by being user-centered,
- Be constantly on the lookout for better tools to help data users access and understand data better.
Required experience & skills
- At least 3 years of experience as a data analyst or in a similar position.
- Bachelor's degree in a business, technical or quantitative discipline (Commerce, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering)
- Strong SQL proficiency and good programming skills (Python preferred)
- Strong proficiency with common commercial visualization tools (PowerBI or Tableau preferred)
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to ask questions, find the answer inside massive data sets and draw actionable recommendations from them
- Strong synthetic skills, with an ability to understand the audience and to design and present complex analyses and data in an intuitive way
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to become a champion of data in a diverse group of backgrounds
- You are autonomous, have a can-do attitude and love taking initiatives
- You are flexible and adaptable to fast-paced game development
- Strong passion for gaming
- Fully fluent in French and English, both spoken and written
(Very) Welcome bonuses !
- Master’s Degree in a business, technical or quantitative discipline (Commerce, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering)
- Experience building custom-made visualization apps
- Experience with data science techniques
- Knowledge of the video games industry as a business
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.