Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers and creators of the finest strategy games with the help of our players! Founded in 2011 and acquired by SEGA in 2016, we are a team of over 120 developers based in Paris with an international team hailing from all over the world.
Our current titles in production include HUMANKIND™, a historical strategy epic where you’ll be combining cultures as you lead your people from the Bronze to the Modern age; and Endless™ Dungeon, a squad-based rogue-lite tactical action game.
We’re best known for our critically acclaimed Endless™ series, played by millions worldwide, including Endless Space, Endless Legend, Dungeon of the Endless, and Endless Space 2.
Our close relationship with the community is a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We’re proud of the way we create games together with our players via Games2Gether, our custom-built community platform that enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
We are looking for a Brand Manager (permanent contract) to assist with the conception and implementation of brand-building marketing and communication campaigns to promote specifically:
- Our games, especially Endless Dungeon
- Our Games2Gether brand
- And other diversified initiatives as they arise
Specifically, we are seeking a customer-oriented marketer displaying strong creative skills and a passion for the video game industry.
Under the supervision of the Senior Brand Manager, you will:
- Elaborate and coordinate communication plans and marketing campaigns in collaboration with both our own development teams and external partners (public relations and advertising agencies) across all media channels
- You will also assist in the preparation of events (video game conventions, press events, etc.) to ensure a high visibility of the games developed by Amplitude Studios
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Play a key role in the Games2Gether program to ensure it is adequately marketed, highly visible and becomes a central platform for the promotion of Amplitude’s titles
- Assist in the preparation of industry events, conferences and gaming conventions
- Monitor marketing campaigns in collaboration with other departments (sales performance reviews) and suggest re-promotion strategies / potential improvements to ensure our titles reach their targets
Develop and implement marketing and communication plans, from early concept to final execution, for video game launches on PC, tablets and consoles:
- Directly handling the creation of high quality, impactful marketing assets (teasers, trailers, promotional images, etc…) in collaboration with our development teams, and occasionally managing their production by external advertising agencies (briefing, reviews)
- Coordinating consistent and effective communication campaigns across various media channels (social networks, Steam, blogs), in partnership with Amplitude Community Development team and external public relations agencies
- Fully fluent or native in English, French is a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field
- 3+ years of experience in a similar or relevant position
- An experience in a communication agency would be a very welcome bonus.
- Proven track record in coordinating successful marketing campaigns for video games or other entertainment products.
Required skills and profile
- Capacity to excel in the entire spectrum of marketing tasks: from hands-on asset creation to management of relationships with our partners internationally.
- Passionate about video games or displaying a strong interest to learn about the gaming industry
- Creative skills and ability to form an informed critical judgment on the visual identity of materials produced and their potential appeal to the public
- Attention to details and organizational skills
- Excellent project management and planning skills, and ability to run a complex and long-lasting project involving multiple parties
- Ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles (developers, external partners, players community, journalists)
- Take on a proactive attitude to spot opportunities or potential issues ahead of time and propose appropriate solutions
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Health insurance (Mutuelle) - 60% paid by Amplitude
- Transport subscription – 50 % paid by Amplitude
- Access to SEGA games portfolio
- Friendly atmosphere, team cohesion and stimulating work environment :)
- Recruitment process: 3 interviews
- Weekly online sports and yoga classes to keep fit.
- Cooking & tasting sessions, and virtual escape games
- Monthly meetings with the entire studio to communicate company news.
- Daily listening from the HR department, who regularly takes news during periods of lockdown / curfew.
- Virtual onboarding, allowing step-by-step support for new team members.