Concept Artist Creative Core
Amber Montreal is looking for an Concept Artist Creative Core to join our dynamic team. Are you ready for this professional challenge?
Amber Creative Core is looking for a passionate, experienced Concept Artist to join our new project pitch team. This role calls for versatile art skills in a fast-paced iterative environment creating key visuals that fascinate, intrigue and inform internal and external clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- A wide and deep creative drive to make amazing work
- Create assets and textures in line with the project’s artistic and technical direction (references, documents, etc.)
- Determine the objects and environments required and adjust the work according to the story and the gameplay
- Able to fast learn technical constraints of platforms, engines and software
- Understand and apply aesthetic and graphic design principles developed for the project
- Use artistic references to improve visuals
- Able to micro plan and time estimate work
- Ability to understand the needs and stay within the style of the project
- Proficiently communicate with team members (Game Designers, Concept Artists, Art Directors), and other stakeholders
- Fine and commercial art training in illustration including: color theory, composition, art history, life drawing, character design, speed painting, sculpture, photography, industrial design, fashion, theater
- Experience in doing rapid paintovers and intentional concept art explorations
- 2D skills – Art tools like Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Procreate, etc.
- Previous experience working in the gaming industry as a concept or production artist
- 3D modeling, texturing, animation, architectural skills a plus Motion Graphics and video edit skills a plus
Required Application Materials:
- Reel or Portfolio demonstrating technical skills
- A diverse portfolio of worldwide games to work on
- An ideation team where you can bring your creative ideas which will be equally valued as your artistic expertise
- Professional and friendly work environment where you can make a difference
- Access to training and learning programs
Amber is a game development agency built by a collective of artisans residing in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Bucharest, Botosani, Guadalajara and Montreal, which delivers a reference solution for creative work in interactive entertainment. The agency offers a full range of turn-key product development solutions, including concept-to-delivery game production, live operations, co-development and studio services. Amber is structured as a network of studios with different specializations, which retains over 600 staff around the world. Established in 2013, the agency earned the trust of some of most important players in the games space, such Disney, NBC Universal, Paradox, Rovio, That Game Company, and Raw Fury, among many others.