(Closed) Sr. Software Development Manager, AWS Game Tech
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer
- 5+ years of experience managing people
- 10+ years of experience building and operating large scale, distributed systems
Amazon is all in on games. We believe, the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join AWS Game Tech.
We are an Amazon Web Services team obsessed with helping game developers revolutionize the way they build and run their games, helping them bring their ideas to market faster and at a lower cost. We aim to address game development challenges for customers at any scale. Our solutions are used by Indie developers working on mobile games, as well as some of the largest studios building triple-A titles for consoles and PCs.
We are looking for a passionate and innovative Sr. Software Development Manager. In this role, you will lead a team to design and build a brand new product that helps game developers use AWS.
Ideal candidates are passionate about optimizing the software development experience at a very large scale in a cloud-based computing environment. You must have an established background in delivering customer-facing solutions, strong technical skills, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You are a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence within a team.
Responsibilities include direct management of software engineers, soultion architect, strategic planning, product definition, project management for software within the team, and quality of the software development process.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Most days, our entire team is co-located in the Seattle office, but we’re also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 4pm. About half of us come in earlier and the other half of us stay later.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
- 10+ years of people management experience
- Experience leading multiple engineering teams
- Established expertise in developer tools or software development lifecycle (SDLC) systems (continuous integration, version control, source code repositories, build systems, package management, deployment tools, test frameworks, etc.)
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams.
- Passion for people management and mentorship.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others, and the ability to establish and sell the business and technical vision for a complicated problem area
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us