(Closed) Sr. Software Development Engineer
Amazon is All-In on games.
We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon Game Studios, you’ll have the power of Amazon Web Services’ cloud, Twitch, Amazon Lumberyard, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, streamers and creators.
We are looking for a seasoned Senior Software Development Engineer with a strong track record of owning and delivering on large scale services. As a senior engineer in an advanced technology group, you will be a creative problem solver who is obsessed with building revolutionary AWS services from the ground up and delivering the best customer experience. This is a core systems development position where you will own the design and delivery of critical software components architected for the cloud. Successful candidates will have a track record of shipping quality software at scale and excel at communication, leadership, and customer focus. If you have these traits and are excited about making a big impact in the game industry, we're looking for you!
Please note: This role could sit in either the San Francisco Bay Area or Seattle.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 8+ years of C/C++ coding
- Large-scale engineering experience
- Experience with AWS Cloud Services such as DynamoDB, Aurora, or Cognito.
- Experience in object oriented design, design patterns, and functional programming paradigms
- Game industry experience working on large-scale, commercial online game services.
- Experience of building and operating extremely high volume and highly scalable online services.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation