Sr. Product Manager, Selection
Do you love books? Are you interested in building services that make it easier for publishers in Japan to sell their books on Kindle? Come and join the Books Japan team and help us achieve our vision of having every book, ever written, in every language, available in less than 60 seconds, and to define the course of a revolutionary reading experience.
We are looking for an innovative, data-driven, and results-oriented Product Manager to help drive our growth in Kindle selection in Japan. In this role, you will set the vision, strategy, and roadmap for how we work with publishers to make more Japanese language selection available on Kindle across all categories, and ultimately to delight customers. This includes identifying inventive new solutions and launching scalable services enabling all publishers in Japan to provide their books quickly and easily, and working with teams both locally and around the world.
Our ideal candidate works effectively in a cross-functional environment and is comfortable communicating with both technical and business stakeholders. You have a history of delivering results and developing scalable solutions that serve hundreds of customers, with the right balance of thinking strategically and maintaining a keen attention to detail. You use data to guide decision-making, have strong business judgement, and can solve complicated problems with simple, elegant solutions.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Building the strategy to enhance our Kindle selection available to customers by understanding bottleneck that publishers have, assessing the opportunity, and the industry landscape etc.
- “Thinking big”, designing game-changing idea and implementing it to improve our selection on Kindle.
- Leading our Kindle selection team to build and manage programs that help us improve selection.
- Using data, building and implementing strategic plan to improve selection in a scalable manner.
- Building strong internal relationships across Amazon, and influence internal teams to deliver the right results for the business.
- Defining and deliver analytics, metrics and reporting for Selection working closely with the Business Intelligence team.
- Assessing the opportunity, executing industry research, designing and implementing “think big” idea,
- Serving as a key member of the Content Acquisition team in helping to define and deliver strategy around acquisition and growth programs.
- 7/8+ year experience in an analytically focused role in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment
- Demonstrated ability of project management (Cross-functional) – ability to plan, juggle multiple priorities, delegate tasks and make things happen (strong bias for action); Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills (includes ability to use tools such as Excel); ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts.
- Strong leader with structured verbal and written interpersonal skills (Japanese and English); ability to work successfully with and influence all levels across Amazon
- BA/BS required
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary
- Ability to think and react in a high energy, fast paced environment.
- Past experience with digital technologies, consumer products, publishing, media, or e-commerce is preferred, but not required
- MBA from top tier school is preferred
- Japanese language is strongly preferred
- Experience working internationally or with international stakeholders/business partners