(Closed) Sr. Game Client Engineer
In Amazon we believe in the future of the video game industry. We are creating a world-class game studio by hiring top industry talents and establishing leading teams. Amazon Game Studios are built on passion and drive to deliver the industry's most customer obsessed games. When you’re a software engineer in Amazon, you connect with our players on many of basic aspects of a AAA game. We're looking for software engineers that will impact our games' visuals and performance. As a dependable member of a larger production team, you collaborate with colleagues from a range of disciplines who depend on you for quickly getting something that is clear and good looking up on screen. You work well with technical artists, transforming their requirements into efficient, working code. You will also work with other engineers trying to scale the systems to work on real-world hardware driven by the needs of our customers.
This role is contributing directly to one of the most ambitious games in the industry. New World is a massively multiplayer, open-ended sandbox game that allows you to carve your own destiny with other players in a living, hostile, cursed land. How you play, what you do, and whom you work with or against is up to you. Live on your own amidst the supernatural terrors or join with others to build thriving civilizations. In this evolving world that transforms with the changing of the seasons, weather, and time of day, the only limit is your own ambition.
- Work with principle engineers to plan the efficient use of the game engine, and create functionality when needed to extend
- Ensure proper adherence to code standards and practices
- Ensure game simulation is appropriately modelled for security, speed and scale in a multiplayer environment
- 3+ years experience with performance optimization for a AAA multiplayer PC based game
- 5+ years experience with C++ with expected familiarity with C++ optimization patterns
- Multi-threaded programmings
- Game system optimization (AI, pathfinding, simulation) in an environment with thousands of objects
- Multiplayer, asynchronous simulation and problem solving
- Collaborate with content creators - history of building tools and enabling content creators on game titles
- 5+ years in AAA development
- Shipped title history
- Experience with game asset streaming systems
- Console experience a plus
- 3D math knowledge and problem solving
- Physics systems understanding applied to game Mechanics
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.