Software Development Manager, Prime Gaming
Prime Gaming is looking for a Software Development Manager to lead our fast growing engineering team in building the next generation of entertainment offerings. In this role, you will lead a team focused on building catalog and publishing services that power customer experiences and deliver joy to Prime members through content from upcoming and popular video games.
Prime Gaming is an Amazon Prime benefit offering members tons of free, exclusive content for their favorite games, a library of free games, and more. We join Prime Video, Amazon Music, and Prime Reading to give Prime members the best of all kinds of entertainment. As part of the team for gaming, you will bring new waves of loot and fresh experiences to billions of players worldwide as we continue to make Prime Gaming the most customer-obsessed service possible. You will influence business and technical strategy, set engineering excellence standards, and help maintain highly reliable live services. You will lead and mentor your team as you guide the design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of technologies to support our business goals. Seeing solutions ship, scale, and make a measurable impact on customers’ lives fuels you.
- Be a mentor for your team and advocate for operational excellence
- Create and communicate a clear and concise technical vision to promote team collaboration and focus
- Guide the planning, design, and delivery of complex systems
- Work closely with your team to architect and develop the best technical design
- Manage day-to-day activities within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Ensure the development team stays deeply connected to goals by broadcasting customer needs, customer feedback, product roadmaps, and product KPIs
- Employ product and project management skills to collaborate on product road-mapping, project planning, and deliverables
- Regularly update stakeholders on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance
About Amazon Games
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of engineering experience
- 5+ years of software development manager experience
- Passion for games and/or enthusiasm for games as entertainment
- An MBA and/or Master's degree in Computer Science
- Track record for being detail-oriented, self-motivated, and exercising ownership from start to finish
- Experience partnering with product/program management teams
- Experience hiring and developing software engineers
- Experience in software development (design, implementation, and live management)
- Aptitude for verbal and written communication; both technical and non-technical
- Analytical and problem solving skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.