(Closed) Software Development Engineer - Twitch Prime DevX: Influence How Developers Work
Amazon is all in on games, and Twitch Prime is one of a series of disruptive initiatives that highlight our investment and dedication to the industry and its players. Twitch Prime, launched on September 30, 2016, is a series of new benefits available to all Amazon Prime members geared toward making it a no-brainer for core gamers to join Amazon Prime. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality.
Twitch Prime’s Developer Experience team is seeking a Software Development Engineer (SDE) to build Partner-facing tools and services. As a SDE on Developer Experience, you will work closely with the team’s Product Manager, Technical Program Manager, and lead SDE to build and launch Partner products that simplify onboarding, Twitch Prime usage, and improve their product's quality. Your tools and services will help make it easier for game developers to use Twitch Prime and will ultimately help deliver more content to Twitch Prime customers.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 2+ years of industry software development experience designing and developing software with least one object-oriented programming language such as Java, C# or C++
- 4+ years of software development experience
- A proven track record in architecting and shipping innovative and highly-scalable cloud systems in an agile environment.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong knowledge of Java and professional experience using it
- Exceptional communication skills
- A proven track record of making good technical judgement
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age.