(Closed) Software Development Engineer, Twitch Prime
Amazon is all in on games, and Twitch Prime is one of a series of disruptive new initiatives that highlight our investment and dedication to the industry and its players. Twitch Prime, launched on September 30, 2016, is both the premium version of Twitch and a series of new benefits available to all Amazon Prime members geared toward making it a no-brainer for core gamers to join Amazon Prime. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale, and this role will delve into these communities, linking these communities to Amazon’s broader ecosystem through content that is all about the gamers.
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems, build innovative solutions, and work with top notch software developers, this might be the role for you. You must be able to look at the big picture from both business and technology perspective, possess strong analytical, design, and problem solving skills, and enjoy working with data, algorithms, and gamers. You are not afraid of ambiguity, like thinking “outside the box”, and get excited about difficult challenges. You are a strong team player and motivated self-starter who thrives in a startup-like environment where flexibility is essential.
If you have the programming chops, the leadership skills and a passion for video games then this role is for you.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 3+ years of development experience
- Self-starter, quick learner and passionate problem resolver
- Experience supporting large-scale high-availability systems in a production environment
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
- Practical experience with software engineering best-practices and a strong desire to create quality solutions and designs
- Game industry experience or passion for playing games
- Master's degree or relevant work experience