Software Development Engineer in Test - Alexa Games
Amazon Devices is seeking a software development engineer in test to join a small, early stage team for a new strategic initiative focused on the intersection of Alexa, video games, and gaming consoles. In October 2018 we launched a unique Alexa experience on Xbox which allows customers to use any Alexa-enabled device to interact with Xbox, search for and launch games, and access and control content. You will be on the team responsible for advancing our journey to make Alexa more useful for video gamers. You are passionate about the gaming space. You are at-ease solving technical problems and earn trust with your teammates as you do. You are a team player who will naturally elevate the performance of the people around them and have a track record of delivering on time and on spec and in support of complex technical systems.
You will be working with a unique and gifted team developing new, exciting and cutting-edge products for consumers. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment regularly with colleagues across many of Amazon’s current businesses, including devices, retail, and AWS. This is an early stage initiative with a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment inside Amazon. To be successful you need to be flexible and entrepreneurial, comfortable operating with ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts. You are a true owner - you are passionate about the potential customer and societal impact and will operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs for the product.
- Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation.
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
- Integrate with SCM infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
- Establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Programming experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Python or PERL
- Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
- Experience with Agile testing methodologies and best practices
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
- Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.