(Closed) Software Development Engineer, Amazon Game Tech
Amazon is all in on games. We believe, the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join Amazon Game Tech.
We are an Amazon Web Services team obsessed with helping game developers revolutionize the way they build and run their games, helping them bring their ideas to market faster and at a lower cost. We aim to address game development challenges for customers at any scale. Our solutions are used by Indie developers working on mobile games, as well as some of the largest studios building triple-A titles for consoles and PCs.
We are looking for a software engineer who has a high bar for code quality and a passion for clean and scalable design. If you are constantly challenging yourself and others to come up with great solutions, have a passion for learning new skills, have a knack for picking up new technologies quickly, and are excited about making a big impact in the game industry, we are looking for you!
Key responsibilities include:
- Use core AWS technologies to design and build available, scalable, and secure back-end services and customer-facing APIs.
- Provide input into product vision, technical design, implementation, and operational decisions.
- Iterate, test new ideas, and shape the future vision for game development tools and services that operate in the cloud and enable world-class connected games.
- Contribute to code reviews and development process improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education.
- 1+ years of experience in software development (academic or professional).
- 1+ years of experience with at least one modern programming language such as Java, C#, or C++.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Track record of proactive and continued improvement of knowledge and skills to solve ambiguous and challenging technical problems.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Clear, professional communication skills to be able to productively contribute to team discussions.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age