Software Dev Engineer
At Amazon Game Studios, we believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience. We seek talented, passionate game developers to join our team and become the architects of this vision. The ideal candidate is a natural problem solver with a passion for gaming, enjoys working with artists and game designers, enjoys finishing projects, and is a constant advocate for game quality. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles including Overwatch, World of Warcraft, EverQuest, Evolve, Gears of War, Killer Instinct, God of War.
- Work with other engineers and content creators to develop new engine tools and technology to power games.
- Own and architect engine level systems which scale for large data sets
- Empower content creators through rapid iteration and creation of top-notch tools for the creation and iteration of large persistent worlds
- Assist in developing project plans and commitments, and then deliver consistently against those commitments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 3+ years experience writing code in C++.
- At least one released game on which you were a primary contributor.
- Unity, Unreal, CryEngine, Lumberyard or other 3D game engine development experience
- Experience with engine level systems (rendering, audio, streaming, physics, etc)
- Experience in development of large scale content creation tools
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers
- Strong 3D math skills
- Strong optimization and low level programming expertise
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age