(Closed) Senior Software Development Engineer, Amazon Game Tech
Amazon is all in on games. We believe, the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join Amazon Game Tech.
We are an Amazon Web Services team obsessed with helping game developers revolutionize the way they build and run their games, helping them bring their ideas to market faster and at a lower cost. We aim to address game development challenges for customers at any scale. Our solutions are used by Indie developers working on mobile games, as well as some of the largest studios building triple-A titles for consoles and PCs.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer who has a high bar for code quality and a passion for clean and scalable design. If you are constantly challenging yourself and others to come up with great solutions, have a passion for learning new skills, and have a knack for picking up new technologies quickly, and are excited about making a big impact in the game industry, we are looking for you!
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive the architecture and technology choices that enable online games.
- Design, implement and operate highly-scalable, highly-available and secure gaming services.
- Mentor junior engineers on the team on code quality, technical designs and best practices.
- Be a advocate for operational excellence: Insist on the highest standards and write service code that help continuously improve availability and reliability of our service.
- Have fun working on ground breaking technology with people just as passionate about their work as you!
- Contribute to code reviews, design reviews and development process improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) experience
- 5+ years of shipping large-scale services
- Game industry experience, working on large-scale, commercial online game services.
- Specialized skills in a particular area of game development (e.g. multiplayer, business intelligence, monetization).
- Experience with AWS.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.