(Closed) Senior Software Development Engineer
We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and esports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. We are looking for pioneers who can imagine and deliver world-class technology. If you are excited about the opportunity to invent and build with the entire sandbox of Amazon technology, including AWS and Twitch, the Lumberyard games team is seeking an experienced game engineer and wants to talk to you.
You are a Senior Software Development Engineer with broad game development experience and world-class software engineering skills. You will work directly on a game team and with the Lumberyard team to create real-time, dynamic, robust, and varied gameplay systems and push the limits of Amazon Game Tech. Your team includes industry veterans of dozens of titles and strong expertise in live services. This is a rare opportunity to get in at the very beginning and help shape the foundation of a team delivering multiple game titles. Successful candidates will have a track record of shipping quality game software and also excel at communication, customer focus, and collaboration with game designers and artists to deliver the best product.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will be expected to:
- Design, build, and own dynamic and robust systems and tools to deliver quality game play experiences or game services to players in a live multiplayer game.
- Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
- Execute the development of project plans and commitments, and then deliver consistently against those commitments.
- Be a champion for the gamer: Build games that thrill and entertain our players and create new ways to delight customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- 7+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on multi-discipline teams.
- 7+ years advanced software engineering in C++.
- At least 2 released games on which you were a primary contributor.
- 10+ years of game development experience with multiple shipped titles.
- Ability to write expert-level, maintainable, and robust code in C++.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Lumberyard 3D game engine development experience.
- Mobile game development experience.
- Console game development experience.
- Live operations experience.
- Has contributed source code changes to an in-house or third-party game engine.
- Experience working on large scale, commercial online game services.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers.
- Experience building tools and workflows supporting distributed teams.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age