(Closed) Senior Product Manager, Twitch Prime
Amazon is all in on games, and Twitch Prime is one of a series of disruptive new initiatives that highlights our investment and dedication to the industry and its players. Twitch Prime, launched on September 30, 2016, is both the premium version of Twitch and includes a series of new benefit available to all Amazon Prime members geared at making Prime a no-brainer for core gamers. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale, and this role will delve into these communities, linking these communities to Amazon’s broader ecosystem through content that is all about the gamers.
Amazon has a strong and growing reputation in the video game business, including being named the best place to buy games in a recent industry survey, the release of several award winning games on android and iOS, the launch of own cloud based game engine, the announcement of soon to be released PC games and our acquisitions of Twitch and Curse. Twitch, Curse, Lumberyard, Amazon Web Services, Amazon game development and services, our digital and physical media retail, Comixology, Merch by Amazon and the Amazon Appstore are just some of our current assets that are relevant to this growing community.
As Product Manager, you will be responsible for defining and launching the features that will position our business to expand on a massive scale. You will enable this scale by shipping features that improve and broaden our value proposition for our customers. The target opportunity is massive, but also ambiguous so you will be leading colleagues and partners to clarify, simplify and prioritize. You will also navigate how to best to adapt and scale the product across a range of distinct geographic markets where Amazon currently operates or plans to enter.
You will be the right Product Manager if you are:
- A leader – you are passionate about building great products that impact people's lives and you consistently rally colleagues, partners and customers to join you in the cause. You can communicate a vision as effectively as you are able to be clear about tenets and priorities. Colleagues hope their next project will include you.
- An operator – you value the reflection and ongoing effort required to continuously improve the way your team functions and collaborates with each other and with other teams. You are highly effective working with engineers, designers, operators, marketers and finance.
- Customer-focused – you are a strong voice on the team and in daily decisions for making the right trade-offs and protecting high standards on behalf of the customer. You prioritize diving deep on customer data and feedback.
- Results-oriented – you rally your team to meet their commitments to each other and to customers. Setting the strategy is not enough. Seeing your solutions ship, scale and make a measurable impact on customers’ lives fuels you.
- Fearless – you are drawn to take on the hardest problems, navigate ambiguity, battle skepticism and are willing to fail in the name of learning what works best over the long term.
- Bachelor’s degree (Quantitative disciplines such as Computer Science, Engineering and Economics are advantageous, but not required)
- 5+ years of experience as a software product manager or project leader, with demonstrated success in launching new products, services or businesses
- 3+ years of experience in the mobile ecosystem
- 3+ years of experience leading and interacting with cross-functional teams, including design and engineering
- MBA or Master’s Degree in a related field
- Experience in the video games or entertainment ecosystem
- Past experience in a high performance start-up or incubation effort within a larger company is highly valued
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation