(Closed) Senior Product Manager - Twitch Prime
Amazon is all in on games, and Twitch Prime is one of a series of disruptive new initiatives that highlights our investment and dedication to the industry and its players. Twitch Prime, launched on September 30, 2016, is both the premium version of Twitch and includes a series of new benefit available to all Amazon Prime members geared at making Prime a no-brainer for core gamers. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale, and this role will delve into these communities, linking these communities to Amazon’s broader ecosystem through content that is all about the gamers.
Amazon has a strong and growing reputation in the video game business, including being named the best place to buy games in a recent industry survey, the release of several award winning games on android and iOS, the launch of own cloud based game engine, the announcement of soon to be released PC games and our acquisitions of Twitch. Twitch, Lumberyard, Amazon Web Services, Amazon game development and services, our digital and physical media retail, Comixology, Merch by Amazon and the Amazon Appstore are just some of our current assets that are relevant to this growing community.
As the Senior Product manager reporting to the Director of Twitch Prime, you will be responsible for defining, exploring and eventually executing on the next evolution of Twitch Prime in its pursuit to create a game subscription program that players, game devs, and influencers cannot live without. You will enable this by broadening our value proposition for our customers,. The target opportunity is massive, but also ambiguous so you will be leading colleagues and partners to clarify, simplify and prioritize. You will also navigate how to best to adapt and scale the product across a range of distinct geographic markets where Amazon currently operates or plans to enter.
You will be the right Product manager if you are:
- A thought leader – you are passionate about building great products that are outside of the box, and not "us too" programs. You can then communicate a vision effectively to both senior leaders to gain approvals as well as well as partner teams to drive support and action.
- A big thinker – you have experience and thrive working off a blank piece of paper to deliver new and creative products for customers; versus incremental product improvements.
- Customer-focused – you are a strong voice on the team and in daily decisions for making the right trade-offs and protecting high standards on behalf of the customer. You prioritize diving deep on customer data and feedback.
- Fearless – you are drawn to take on the hardest problems, navigate ambiguity, battle skepticism and are willing to fail in the name of learning what works best over the long term.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of experience in business role, Product or Marketing
- 3+ years with a consumer product
- Track record of full product life cycle from incubating v1 consumer products from scratch, launching v1, to iterating and designing v2+
- MBA or Master’s Degree in a related field
- Experience in the video games or entertainment ecosystem
- Past experience in a high performance start-up or incubation effort within a larger company is highly valued
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation