Senior Product Manager - Tech
The Amazon Digital Apps and Games business is a commerce platform that drives innovation in the apps and games ecosystem. We cater to Amazon devices like Fire TV and Tablets and also have a 3P store that helps consumers enjoy great gaming experiences on their Android mobile and Tablet devices. With multiple Amazon devices launching each year, the Appstore will play an integral part of the device ecosystem to improve the consumer experience.
Developer Experience (DeX) team is the engine behind driving content flywheel for the customers on these different devices. As part of the DeX team we own the developer.amazon.com portal that helps developers of all sizes and shapes and across businesses to onboard on Amazon and submit their content on Amazon to engage and monetize customers.
We are looking for an energetic Sr. Product Manager - Tech to come and lead some of the key initiatives of Developer Experience within the Appstore business. This is a strategic role to shape and deliver our product strategy in developing and delivering exciting experience to our developers - more so as we plan to expand our scope of offering to newer businesses and business models. Our goal is to delight developers and customers by making it easy for them to onboard, submit content on our platform and be successful on our platform by maximizing their ROI. These initiatives are at the heart of the organization and recognized as the innovations that will allow us to build a differentiated product that exceeds customer expectations. We're a high energy team, that is geographically distributed between India, US and Europe regions and our business is also growing strong on each of these regions.
In this journey, we will focus on building the right product experiences and technical solutions to have meaningful impact on our business by working closely with Engineering, Data, Developer Marketing, and Business Development and solution architect teams.
If this role seems like a good fit, please reach out, we'd love to talk to you.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience leading the product vision and roadmap of new or existing products, proven ability to develop strategic vision based on rigorous analytics, and excellent verbal and written communication skills with senior leaders across all stakeholders. In addition to defining, developing, and driving the roadmap and three-year plan for mobile app and game distribution, he or she will also be responsible for leading new product ideation and development that will have direct impact on millions of creators and customers every day.
- Lead the definition, design and construction of large scale products that delight and engage customers
- Lead the development of product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements, user stories, and product specifications
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience and performance
- Identify and resolve strategic issues to meet team’s strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Communicate product plans and results that influence senior executives
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Experience with launching new products or features, from idea to realization
- Experience coordinating product development cycles and software development schedules
- Proven track-record of taking ownership and driving results
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on projects with developers and software dev managers
- Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with attention to detail and organizational skills
- Exposure to mobile gaming
- Exposure to mobile (iOS, Android, etc..)
- Proficiency with SQL
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.