Senior Practice Leader - Games Segment
Do you have the drive to change the world through how people connect and engage with games?
The games industry lives at the intersection of technology and the arts, and with more than 2.5 billion people playing games every day, creating exciting experiences at global scale has never been more essential. At AWS Professional Services, our mission is to help customers build amazing, successful and fun games. To achieve this, we strive to power every game in the world with AWS.
Our cross-functional gaming team focuses on increasing technology adoption of cloud computing by engaging directly with technical leaders, C-level executives and influencers at all levels across the industry. Do you have the business background, technical depth, and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the Gaming industry?
AWS is looking for a Senior Practice Leader – Games Segment who understands business trends impacting the game industry, and is capable of driving market development in the Americas. With a focus on both top game developers and the next generation of emerging game providers, the Games Segment Practice Leader will drive new business growth through an understanding of how AWS services enable game developers and publishers.
The right candidate will have successful industry experience interacting at the highest levels of game companies and demonstrated experience in developing new business in companies of all sizes. This person will have a thorough understanding of the games industry, a proven track record of leading and driving multiple complex programs to meet business objectives, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, a strong data and metrics bias, and a passion for helping game companies innovate and create new and exciting player experiences! They will also have experience and knowledge of product development, game back end infrastructure, and live operation processes used by developers and publishers.
- Serve as a key member of the Area and Segment teams to define and execute on a strategic market development plan for platform adoption and growth.
- Work with customer practice managers to align account strategies, build sales pipeline and create professional services opportunities that accelerate customer adoption of AWS services.
- Establish technical credibility and drive discussions with C-level stakeholders and key influencers within engine, middleware, partner, and customer development teams and partners.
- Work with internal teams and external vendors to develop strategies to support development work with relevant business cases.
Present business reviews to senior management regarding progress and roadblocks within key accounts.
- The right person will be highly technical and will be capable of understanding the complexities of game development processes across multiple platforms including mobile, PC, and Console.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in game production, game live operations, solutions development, product management, product marketing, business development, and/or transformation roles in the game industry.
- 10+ years in services, sales and/or delivery, with an ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and coach a team of practice managers and architects.
- Working knowledge of how cloud infrastructure is used in game development by studios of all sizes.
- Excellent business and financial acumen and negotiations skills.
- Operational excellence mind-set and experience. Data driven. Excellent problem-solving skills. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions.
- Experience developing, implementing, and growing external go-to-market relationships that improve customer outcomes and enable great player experiences.
- Understand the use of Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Passion for cloud technologies – deep understanding of public and hybrid cloud platforms and their relevance to game development.
- Technical knowledge of games industry platforms and middleware, with an ability to go deep on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels and cultures.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.