Senior Account Manager, AWS Game Tech - Nordics
This role will be based in Stockholm
Behind great games, there’s game tech.
Games live at the intersection of technology and the arts, and with more than 2.5 billion people playing games every day, there’s never been a more exciting time to make games. At AWS Game Tech, our mission is to help developers build amazing, fun, and successful games, and we strive to power every game with AWS.
Would you like to join a team focused on helping game developers, studios, and publishers in the Nordics build the best games possible? As an Account Manager with AWS Game Tech, you will build a comprehensive coverage strategy to drive AWS adoption within the most creative, impactful, and innovative games makers in the Nordics. Your responsibilities will include working with games customers in your territory to help them build amazing games with AWS, increase AWS adoption, and support customers through their journey into the cloud. You will collaborate closely with a virtual team providing early stage customer engagement, solutions architecture, and field marketing resources to ensure Game Tech functions are aligned with your team’s strategy to power every game with AWS.
You will establish and own relationships with key executive stakeholders in the most strategic publishers, studios, and companies in the Nordics. You will devise, drive, and execute a comprehensive business plan to increase AWS adoption within the games industry in your region. You will help build a business that is instrumental to helping game devs use the cloud to make fun, successful games powered by AWS. Your ambition and leadership will ensure AWS Game Tech is there wherever our customers need us.
The ideal candidate will possess a quota-carrying sales or business development background that enables them to interact impactfully at the CxO/SVP level. They will also have a strong technical understanding that allows them to effectively engage with CTOs and other technical stakeholders and convey technical concepts. They will be able to think strategically and analytically, communicating compelling value propositions for customers and partners. They will have a passion for new and emerging technologies, and the ambition to shape the future to benefit customers. They will have familiarity with core games industry vernacular and business processes and, perhaps most importantly, they will love games.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate strong business and operational acumen, with diligence, drive, and accurate forecasting
- Establish strategic, technical, and business relationships with game developers, studios, publishers, and other key stakeholders in the Nordics in order to drive cloud adoption
- Serve as a key member of the global Game Tech team and contribute to the overall AWS global go-to-market market and technical strategy
- Prepare and deliver data-driven business reviews to management about progress, achievements, and roadblocks in the games business
- Develop and Execute strategic initiatives for AWS Game Tech, while collaborating with key internal stakeholders internationally
- A passion for games
- Experience working in technology or games industry sales and business development
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong technical aptitude
- Bachelor's degree or significant relevant work experience
- Moderate travel may be required
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Strong opinions about whether or not to Invert the Y Axis
- Experience working in a sell-to capacity with game publishers, developers, retailers, distributors, and studios
- Proven leadership, problem solving and strong attention to detail
- Strong project management skills and experience working with cross-functional, international teams
- Experience and familiarity with cloud technologies
- Awareness of key games software, middleware, and platform tooling