(Closed) Quality Assurance Engineer - Twitch Prime DevX: Influence How Developers Work
Amazon is all in on games, and Twitch Prime is one of a series of disruptive initiatives that highlight our investment and dedication to the industry and its players. Twitch Prime, launched on September 30, 2016, is a series of new benefits available to all Amazon Prime members geared toward making it a no-brainer for core gamers to join Amazon Prime. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality.
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems, build innovative solutions, and work with top notch software developers, this might be the role for you. You must be able to look at the big picture from both business and quality perspective, possess strong test plan creation, test case design, and test automation skills, and enjoy working with data, developers, and gamers. You are not afraid of ambiguity, like thinking “outside the box”, and get excited about difficult challenges. You are a strong team player and motivated self-starter who thrives in a startup-like environment where flexibility is essential.
If you have the quality best practices, the leadership skills and a passion for video games then this role is for you.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of QA experience and strong knowledge of QA tools and methodologies
- Ability to read, troubleshoot, and debug software in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C#, Ruby, Python
- Experience with test automation tools and scripting
- Demonstrated experience in leading QA effort on large-scale software projects or deliverables
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Game industry experience or passion for playing games
- Master's degree or relevant work experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age.