(Closed) Product Manager, Technical
Amazon is all in on games.
We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and esports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. We are looking for pioneers who can imagine and deliver world-class technology. If you are excited about the opportunity to invent and build with the entire sandbox of Amazon technology, including AWS and Twitch, the Lumberyard games team is seeking an experienced game engineer and wants to talk to you.
You are a Product Manager with broad game development experience and world-class software engineering skills. You will work directly on a game team and with the Lumberyard team to create a game and push the limits of Amazon Game Tech. Your team includes industry veterans of dozens of titles and strong expertise in live services. This is a rare opportunity to get in at the very beginning and help shape the foundation of a team delivering multiple game titles. Successful candidates will have a track record of shipping quality game software, leading teams on successful products, and also excel at both verbal and written communication, customer focus, and collaboration with game designers and artists to deliver the best product.
As a Product Manager, you will be expected to:
- Drive the strategic direction of the game product
- Identify and analyze potential business opportunities and own game key performance indicators (KPIs) that measure business health.
- Define, scope, and analyze business results while simultaneously ensuring players have pleasant user experiences.
- Partner alongside studio leadership, designers, artists, engineers, and the UX teams to define requirements that influence overall product health.
- Drive alignment across a common, integrated vision as well as champion and advocate for optimized customer experience by driving value through gameplay.
- Prioritize initiatives against the product life-cycles to maximize player experiences from alpha to beta to launch.
- Deliver and maintain a process to track, monitor, and communicate the health of an entire product to stakeholders of various levels.
- Efficiently execute game live operations making sure all feature and content launches, experiments and tests are delivered to customers as expected.
- Drive the prioritization of needs based on opportunities and optimizations.
- Suggest trade-offs to balance business needs against operational or technical constraints
- Work with designers and engineers to determine appropriate compromises.
- Perform data-driven decision-making by collaborating with Business Intelligence teams to determine goals, metrics and reporting.
- Translate the results of data analyses into design solutions to ultimately drive regular engagement, long term retention, and monetization.
- Create plans and execute hypothesis validation through experimentation, A/B testing, and optimization of new and existing initiatives to support findings and generate recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline
- 3+ years of Product Management experience
- 1+ years of Game Live operations experience
- Game monetization experience
- Game Analytics experience and experience with Analysis Tools such as SQL, Tableau, SQL Server, VBA
- MBA or Masters degree
- Passion for games with Game Industry and Mobile Games experience
- Experience with Lumberyard Game Engine
- 5+ years of Product Management experience, including game monetization experience
- 3+ years of Game Live operations experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age