Geopolitical Content Manager (Games)
At Amazon Games, we see games becoming the largest form of entertainment on Earth. We are building our games at global scale and need your help to reach gamers in more languages and countries than ever before. Join us and work alongside talented industry veterans, with key contributors from dozens of titles including League of Legends, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Magic: The Gathering, Age of Empires, BioShock, Kingdom Hearts, Thief and The Sims.
Amazon Games is looking for someone to continuously review, provide guidance for, and sign off on game assets for all game projects. This person must have an excellent understanding of geopolitical publishing risks in the gaming space and be able to provide clear guidance to game teams regarding their game content. This role will serve as a liaison between developers, internal support teams, and external subject matter experts. This role is responsible for tracking the geopolitical review status of a project and reporting out to all stakeholders, including franchise owners and senior management. This role is responsible for ensuring our games can be published pursuant to the requirements of regional ratings boards and jurisdictions.
- Review assets (both internally- and externally-created) for all Amazon Games projects, including text, graphics, audio, and video.
- Track and manage the geopolitical review status of all provided assets.
- Partner with Legal to ensure all assets are cleared for use globally.
- Partner with Localization and Quality Assurance to ensure all assets are cleared for use geopolitically.
- Partner with game team Product Owners to gather assets for review and to track, review, triage, and modify assets (as needed) in advance of key milestones.
- Work closely with game teams to ensure products are compliant with regional ratings boards and jurisdictions.
- Build awareness of content that is likely to raise concerns with regional ratings boards and jurisdictions.
- Document risk related to non-compliant assets. Build awareness of common steps that can be taken to mitigate that risk.
- Establish and evangelize best practices with game teams for the creation and management of legally and geopolitically cleared in-game assets.
- Train Amazon Games staff on geopolitical, social, and copyright issues related to responsible asset creation.
- Serve as the studio-wide primary point-of-contact for all issues related to ratings, legal, and geopolitical compliance.
- 2+ years experience in managing geopolitical reviews, digital asset management or content management
- World-class understanding of global legal and geopolitical publishing risks in the gaming space
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong knowledge of structured content standards (metadata and tagging standards)
- Experience with content management systems and/or digital asset management systems
- Passion for playing games and online entertainment
- Proven success in communicating with and influencing technical and non-technical stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Creativity and initiative to continually improve the effectiveness and quality of processes
- Experience with source control systems (Git, Perforce)
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence