(Closed) Gameplay Engineer - New World
At Amazon, we believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience. We are looking for a Game AI Engineer to join the New World team at Amazon Game Studios, Orange County. New World is a Sandbox MMO set in an alternate version of the 17th Century.
Who you are:
As a Game AI Engineer you’ll be responsible for implementing and supporting gameplay centered on enemy characters. You will work with a team of designers and animators to bring New World to life. We’re looking for a creative problem solver with a passion for gaming, someone who enjoys a challenge and is a constant advocate for game quality.
In this role you will:
- Work with designers and other engineers to develop and deploy new character behavior and game features.
- Empower game designers through rapid iteration and creation of top-notch tools.
- Assist in developing project plans and commitments, and deliver consistently against those commitments.
- Utilize flexible, scalable patterns to ensure a high-quality multiplayer experience.
- Be an advocate for the gamer: Build games that thrill and entertain our players and create new ways to delight customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional C++ experience
- 2+ years Gameplay development experience, working on multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience with non-player game character programming
- Working experience in multithreaded and distributed environments
- Unity, Unreal, CryEngine, Lumberyard or other 3D game engine development experience
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation