(Closed) Game Tech Marketing Manager
Are you skilled at BtoB marketing? Do you love gaming? Are you great at creating eye catching content, messaging, digital and event experiences that attract target audiences? Are you as comfortable working with engineering teams on feature differentiation as you are talking to PR teams about messaging that resonates with reporters?
Amazon is all in on games. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and esports of today, will continue to a future where games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Amazon Game Services provides game developers with Amazon Lumberyard, a free AAA game engine deeply integrated with Twitch and AWS capabilities such as GameLift. Amazon is looking for an experienced, innovative and customer-obsessed Marketing Manager who will lead the demand gen marketing team across the Game Services portfolio and work closely with the broader Amazon Gaming team including Game Studios and Twitch.
We are looking for a candidate that brings enthusiasm for gaming, a passion for developers, and who raises the bar to challenge our way of thinking. They must have a natural curiosity of technology and be able to rapidly understand complex technical concepts and messaging. The Sr. Marketing Mgr is responsible for developing and executing a variety of customer-focused demand generation tactics. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience driving awareness, trials, and leads via digital marketing, email, social media, sales enablement, and events. They will have experience with recruiting and leading a team of more junior marketing experts.
The candidate must be an effective leader and strong communicator to work with key stakeholders across multiple teams. You will conceive, propose, and sell new ideas, strategies, and concepts—and guide those projects to completion. You must be able to work at the strategic level (generating bold and innovative ideas for growth) and at the tactical level (creating content and optimizing it to grow audience awareness and action.)
- Native level Japanese
- Business level English
- Bachelor Degree required in marketing or communications related field
- 5+ years of marketing communications experience in a B2B or B2C role
- Successful communications experience using Blog/SNS to drive engagement in Game industry/Developer community
- Track record of success in all aspects of audience focused storytelling and content creation across all types of media
- Experience in the video game industry
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of taking advantage CRM/MA tools for Lead management process
- Attention to detail, a high degree of organization and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels
- Strong understanding of digital and mobile marketing ecosystems and deep understanding of all marketing channels
- Thought leader with a solid understanding of the key business drivers and customer dynamics in the digital media, commerce, advertising, mobile, and high-tech industries
- Passion for big challenges and a great sense of humor
- Industry recognition/awards for content creation