(Closed) Web Designer/Developer - Game Tech
Amazon is all in on games. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities one quarter at a time, growing into the live streams and esports of today, will continue to grow into a future where games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us.
The Amazon Game Tech team is looking for a customer obsessed, creative, and experience web designer/developer to lead the charge with designing and building the Amazon Game Tech web presence. This position will work within the Game Tech Marketing team to help overhaul and redesign existing web pages as well as the conception, design, building & maintain new web pages using the Adobe CMS tools and working within the AWS Web framework.
- Update and maintain existing web pages.
- Create and propose new designs for the Game Tech website and the umbrella brands that provide a seamless and intuitive user experience.
- Work closely with the Game Tech solution marketing managers to ensure the web pages are meeting the needs of their targeted customers.
- Create campaign specific branded landing pages to help nurture customers and drive conversions.
- Concept and implement A/B testing plans to increase conversion efficiency.
- Build wireframes for new pages using current and cutting edge web design trends to help drive the thought leadership of the Amazon Game Tech brands while adhering to the Amazon CMS rules and limitations.
- Monitor website traffic, conversions, bounce rates, and build and perform optimization plans to increase time on site, reduce bounce rates, and improve conversions.
- Work closely with the AWS web team to ensure we are aware of new technologies, tools, and techniques.
- Create a high level weekly report relaying KPI’s and findings.
A successful candidate for this position has a strong design sensibility as well as a strong grasp of web production skills. Someone who is not afraid to share their ideas and think big about new ideas. The ideal candidate embodies bias for action and has the drive and the skills to make things happen. Someone who is a team player that happily incorporates feedback from multiple stakeholders and pivots as necessary. You are able to efficiently deploy web pages, analyze results, and quickly adapt to produce increasing returns on your output.
- 3+ years design experience
- 3+ years experience with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong design skills around the user experience.
- Eye for design and attention to detail.
- Expertise with SEO best practices.
- Experience with responsive web design, media queries, resolution independent image display, and the ability to deliver outstanding functionality across devices and platforms.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Deep familiarity with and passion for web design and development.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.