Sr. Game Server Engineer - New World
Amazon is all-in on games, and our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the games industry. At Amazon Game Studios, we’re creating compelling games like New World, a sandbox MMO set on a supernatural continent in the 17th century, our multiplayer shooter Crucible, and our newly announced The Lord of the Rings MMO. Amazon Games is also delivering great game benefits to Prime members each month via Twitch Prime, and providing game developers of all sizes with the tools they need to succeed with Amazon Game Tech.
This role is contributing directly to one of the most ambitious games in the industry. New World is a sandbox MMO set on a supernatural continent during the 17th Century. In New World, players take on the role of settlers, crafting gear they need to survive in a lawless and haunted land of opportunity. As they gain in strength and coordination, players battle to explore, claim and conquer a savage wilderness, and the hordes of other players seeking to do the same.
What You'll Do
- Design, develop and maintain a highly distributed, scalable multiplayer environment using high quality C++ code
- Leverage AWS-based solutions that will solve the needs of the game development, publishing, customer service, and live operations teams
- Monitor, measure, and improve system stability and developer iteration time
- Proactively identify and solve problems that affect the development team
- Be an advocate for players and developers: Insist on the highest standards, drive to operational excellence, help create functional and engaging customer centric features.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience or background in C++ network programming (TCP/IP, UDP, async systems)
- Experience with high frequency state replication between network entities
- Experience in real time networking, including compensation for variable order and timing in data (interpolation/extrapolation, fast route optimizations)
- Experience coding against large data systems
- A passion for video games
- Game industry experience working on PC games
- Strong communication skills across different teams and technical backgrounds
- A good understanding of Windows or Linux network stacks
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age