(Closed) Sr. Finance Manager, AWS Gaming
Amazon is all in on games, and Twitch Prime is one of a series of disruptive initiatives that highlights our investment and dedication to the games industry and its players. Twitch Prime is the gaming benefit for Amazon Prime members and provides a series of new benefits geared at making Prime a no-brainer for gamers. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are global cultural touchstones that cut across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale, and this role will support delving into these communities and linking these communities to Amazon’s broader ecosystem through content that is all about the gamers.
Amazon seeks a highly effective Senior Finance Manager to be a key partner with the Twitch Prime team. This position will play a key role in working with senior business leaders in managing and defining the long term direction of this business as we innovate in the gaming space.
On the Games Finance team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven. To support this quickly growing business, you must possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, setting high standards, and razor-sharp accuracy. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously – you should too.
You will provide strong leadership to a world class Finance team to:
- Serve as the finance leader working directly with Twitch Prime senior management and other stakeholders.
- Own the global P&L for the Twitch Prime business.
- Responsible for financial management of deals with game developers.
- Influence business decisions by effective verbal and written communication, data driven analysis and modeling, and presentation of options and alternatives.
- Support the financial planning and analysis processes with metrics and data insights for financial risks, opportunities, and investment decisions.
- Lead business teams in the preparation of weekly, monthly, and annual business performance reviews.
- Developing, reporting, and analyzing key metrics that drive actionable goals to ensure we are running a lean business while exceeding customer expectations.
- Ensuring compliance with controls and systems, and developing new processes to support the fast-growing, Amazon Games business.
- Manage headcount for the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or related field
- 10+ years of relevant work experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Experience managing big and complex data to extract insights
- CPA/CFA/MBA preferred
- Understanding of technology and subscription businesses
- The ideal candidate will be able to both think broadly to define objectives and key outputs, while also very analytical and able to assess outcomes from complex service and economic models
- Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Independent and entrepreneurial showing the ability to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Exceptional business judgment capable of driving a diverse organization to the right results with a focused, pragmatic approach
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.