Software Development Engineer in Test (Games)
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- 1+ years experience of software development experience demonstrable across a product lifecycle, specifically with Java, C# or C/C++.
- Demonstrated experience developing high quality test automation frameworks, test designs, test strategies, and test execution.
- Knowledge of test methodology and tools, software testing standards, methods and conventions, build systems, and the product development cycle.
- Experience with source code management tools and deployment pipelines, and integration tests with developer build stages.
Amazon Games is seeking a talented and experienced Software Development Engineer in Test to partner with our game studios to bring high-quality experiences to Amazon’s gaming customers everywhere. You will support end-to-end software quality by writing test code and automation for our integrated games services. You will partner with our Games QA teams to verify end-to-end testing of centralized games services across several titles. You will validate and expand the telemetry that measure our games portfolio’s operational excellence from our first internal alpha tests to production. You will also support testing the expansion of our website portfolio as they integrate with the live services of our upcoming games.
At Amazon, we believe games will become the number one form of entertainment on Earth and be defined by their ability to deeply engage communities of fans inside and outside of the playing experience. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time and grew to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale. This role will empower game studios to confidently and continually release high-quality products that delight customers worldwide.
Key Strategic Objectives
The selected candidate will be an SDET for our Game Services team and will coordinate with developers and product QA teams to automate tests for Amazon Games integration services.
Focus and Deliverables for first 12 Months
Within the first year, we expect this SDET to:
- Collaborate closely with our game service developers and publishing QA teams to expand our end-to-end integration test coverage between the central AWS services and game clients.
- Support telemetry reporting for Amazon Games integration services so game teams can quickly understand the stability and health of the service as it applies to their games.
- Expand integration tests and front-end UI automation for our internal services supporting games moderation, account-linking, customer service entry points and other website-based tools.
- Adapt internal tools and frameworks to help expand the automated coverage of our game services.
- Passion for and knowledge of games and digital / online entertainment.
- Creativity and initiative to improve test coverage and effectiveness.
- Experience building scalable services.
- Experience with game engine automation such as Unreal Engine’s Gauntlet Automation Framework.
- Experience testing across a variety of platforms (PC, mobile, browsers, etc.).
- Experience testing and/or automating across a website portfolio (web frameworks, CMS systems).
- Experience with large-scale services, distributed systems, cloud computing, and databases.
- Experience collaborating with QA engineers and disciplines such as marketing, production to validate a feature end-to-end.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail.
- ISTQB (or equivalent qualification) a plus.