Senior Environment Artist
Amazon Games San Diego is looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior Environment Artist to help craft visually compelling worlds. In this role, you will work alongside a vibrant community of developers and game-lovers as we all work to bring a groundbreaking new IP to our customers. You will be responsible for owning the visual composition from the player perspective; from block out to set dressing and polish. You will need to combine a strong aesthetic sense of visually interesting spaces with a solid understanding of level design.
- Build compelling worlds and set dress with purpose and believability
- Work with the art team to ensure artistic unity with the entire project
- Work with the design team to create harmonious and fun game play experiences
- Excel at consistent aesthetic and technical quality throughout the asset pipeline
- Optimize levels for performance and memory while maintaining visual quality
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
- 3+ years of experience in the game industry with at least 1 shipped AAA title or equivalent work in a related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art or in related field
- 3+ years of experience with level design layouts, compositions, and play spaces
- Online Portfolio demonstrating world building and lighting skills, modeling, material creation as well as foundational skills in composition, design, and color theory.
- Familiarity with modular level construction, gameplay composition, framing, and creating narrative with set dressing
- Highly Proficient in major 2D and 3D software packages (Max/Maya and Zbrush/Mudbox, Substance, Photoshop, Houdini)
- Expert knowledge of Unreal or equivalent
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principle requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.