At Amazon, we believe that games and connected experiences are the future of entertainment. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us!
We are looking for Quest Designers to join our New World team at Amazon Game Studios, Orange County. New World is an open world MMO set in an alternate version of the 17th Century. As a Quest Designer you’ll be responsible for creating, implementing, and curating narrative and dynamic objective content. You will work collaboratively with world builders, character designers, and level designers to make memorable experiences. It will be a combination of your experience and an understanding of MMO and RPG quest design that will define success. We are looking for individuals that are highly motivated and passionate for games.
In this role you will…
- Pitch and prototype fun and exciting quests and activities for players
- Create and maintain design, dialogue, and lore documentation
- Create NPC characters and implement them in game
- Own the full quest loop from design through final implementation
- Work within pipelines and process to ensure quality and scope are met and maintained
- Collaborate with level design, UX, and narrative design teams
- Maintain a strong creative relationship between production, design, programming and art & UX teams
- 3+ years of Game/Quest Design experience in games
- 1+ years experience with 3D world and level building tools (Lumberyard, Unreal, Unity, etc…)
- Portfolio - Work samples from finished games or block outs showcasing narrative design, quest flow, and gameplay
- Passion for video games
- Game design experience in MMO and RPG games
- 1+ PC MMO or RPG title(s) shipped
- Technical design competence and high attention to detail
- Comfortable owning and working with large amounts of data
- Strong sense for creating compelling quest content that showcase game content and mechanics
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.