Quality Assurance Engineer (Games)
Amazon Games is seeking a talented and experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to partner with our game studios to bring high-quality experiences to Amazon’s gaming customers everywhere. You will support end-to-end software quality by leading the testing efforts of internal games services from start to finish – including test planning, test execution, leading a team of outsourced vendors, reporting project status and signing off on release criteria. You will partner with our Games QA teams to verify end-to-end integration of centralized games services. You will validate the pathways that measure our games portfolio’s operational excellence from our first internal alpha tests to production. You will also support testing the expansion of our website portfolio as they integrate with the live services of our upcoming games.
At Amazon, we believe games will become the number one form of entertainment on Earth and be defined by their ability to deeply engage communities of fans inside and outside of the playing experience. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time and grew to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale. This role will empower game studios to confidently and continually release high-quality products that delight customers worldwide.
Key Strategic Objectives
The selected candidate will be the lead QA Engineer for our Game Services team and will coordinate with product QA teams and and service developers to test Amazon Games integration services end-to-end.
Focus and Deliverables for first 12 Months
Within the first year, we expect this QA engineer to:
- Collaborate closely with partner test teams to verify integrated features end-to-end between services and game clients.
- Streamline QA reporting across all Amazon Games integration services so game teams can quickly understand the stability and health of the service as it applies to their games.
- Expand integration tests and front-end UI automation for our internal services supporting games moderation, account-linking, customer service entry points and other website-based tools.
- Support testing for internal and production deployments for playtests and releases in our games portfolio.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- 1+ year of overall software QA/development experience.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Demonstrated success in coordinating the test effort for one or more software projects.
- Knowledge of QA methodology and tools, software testing standards, methods and conventions, and the product development cycle.
- Demonstrated experience developing high quality test plans, test designs, test strategies, and test execution.
- Experience in scripting, user-level test automation and performing white-box testing.
- Experience with source code management tools and deployment pipelines, and integrating tests with developer build stages.
- Creativity and initiative to improve test coverage and effectiveness.
- Experience testing across a variety of platforms (PC, mobile, browsers, etc.).
- Experience testing across a website portfolio (frontend, database backend, CMS systems).
- Experience with specialized and technical testing for web and mobile platforms. Examples include accessibility, compatibility, security, network protocols, stress and performance testing, or publisher certification.
- Capable of collaborating with other engineers and disciplines such as marketing.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail.
- ISTQB (or equivalent qualification) a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit disability page.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.