(Closed) Publishing Franchise Lead
This position can be located in Munich, London, Paris, Madrid, Stockholm, Berlin, Milan, Amsterdam
At Amazon Games, we believe that games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale. We are seeking the industry’s best to help us publish our ambitious game portfolio. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, Amazon Prime, Amazon Advertising, Amazon Retail and AWS to launch and grow live-service games across platforms and devices. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, with key contributors from dozens of titles including League of Legends, StarCraft II, Diablo 3, Magic: The Gathering, Age of Empires, Bioshock, Kingdom Hearts, Thief and The Sims.
We are seeking a talented Franchise Leader for a new gaming initiative. Imagine having the opportunity to drive the vision for bringing a successful game to market at one of the most customer centric companies on the planet. You will be able to work cross functionally with Amazon’s game publishing assets to help define the full player experience from business model to live support to successfully manage a new cross platform game franchise.
As the Franchise Leader, you are a seasoned leader with cross platform, Free to Play and live ops game experience. You’ve launched games before, and you understand the success of games as a service is dependent on the passionate game communities we serve. You are committed to building a strong relationship between people that play games and people that make them. You can do it all yourself so that you can coach the team you’ll be building. You lead by example, and make everyone around you better.
We Expect This Leader To
- Own the development and P&L of a new game franchise.
- Build a cross-functional team responsible for end-to-end operations and publishing including feature roadmap and rollout, monetization, localization, server infrastructure, live operations, go-to-market, communications, marketing campaign, social media, player relations and community programs.
- Work with the game development team to build an asset pipeline, a deployment process and commerce infrastructure to set the game up for long term success.
- Establish customer-focused game monetization principles that optimize lifetime value.
- Ensure clear communication and coordination across relevant teams and coordinate effectively with the central marketing and technology teams, as well as Twitch, Amazon Prime, Amazon Advertising, Amazon Retail, finance and legal to meet goals and establish best practices.
- Think big, perpetually focused on long-term strategy, yet is also tactical and makes sure we have operational and execution excellence.
- Possess the analytical horsepower to break down complex problems, and a strong will to get stuff done and deliver results.
- Have expansive knowledge of Games as a Service including product management/game monetization.
- BA degree required
- 5+ years of experience with Cross Platform, Free-to-Play, and Live Ops
- 7+ years of management experience
- Previous experience in launching games as a service
- Ability to thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate vision and drive execution and work across a cross-functional team
- Passion for games and gamer community with high degree of customer obsession
- Deep experience with PC or console game community management, esports and marketing
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems and, in particular, a history of identifying customer needs and inventing new ways to meet those needs
- Successful history of working collaboratively in a creative environment with game design teams
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity - Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.